Friday, November 6, 2015

Five on Friday // Happy November

The first week of November and my favorite time of the year! Thanksgiving has to be an all time favorite holiday. It's dedicated to eating delicious food with family and kicks off the Christmas season. It's warm, comforting, and full of possibilities. I'm ready for all of that and hope you are looking forward to it too!

I'm kicking off November linking up with the Five on Friday ladies.

1. Is it too late to share Halloween pictures? It was such a fun night (and on a Saturday)! KC visited a couple houses, T decided he was too tired to continue after a few streets (and walked back with grandpa), and N ran ahead so often I'm not sure I talked to him the entire time (but I could hear him laughing).


2. There was a special day to celebrate last week (complete with cupcakes). While I was picking up dinner, T and Chris were playing catch in the front yard, and N was up to some antics in the back yard. He surprised us by setting up the seats at the "treehouse" with plates and napkins, but before we could sit down we had a scavenger hunt. He had taken our paper leaves and written words on them. We hunted all the leaves and then put them in order to see what the sentence said. It was so sweet and he did it all on his own. It made a special day even more memorable.

3. Baseball ends this weekend! It is crazy to think about our weekends without baseball. Last Saturday we were there from 9-2! What will we do with our time! 

4. Also this weekend The Peanuts Movie is released! We have been so excited to see it. It seems to have really good reviews too! Both Gap and Hanna Andersson have Peanuts lines. I love the Christmas PJs from Hanna. Are multiple pairs of Christmas PJs acceptable? 


5. I have holiday outfits ready to go! This is a record for me. Usually I scramble pretty late. I will say I'm second guessing some choices and will be switching out a few things (maybe purchasing a different dress for KC). Here's what we have:
I'm switching the white button down for a blue gingham one. I'm not thrilled with the "navy" dress I ordered, but it was cheap and I think it's a "you get what you pay for" situation. The boys are wearing Hanna Andersson sweaters we purchased on super sale last winter. Right now, I'm loving absolutely everything Hanna (and it's on sale). I did notice how similar it is the a lot of options from Vineyard Vines right now too (another love, they really have been a go to recently). If I needed to buy new - here's what I'm loving (all Hanna or VV, except for the smocked dress):


Dressing for the Holidays


I hope you are looking forward to the holidays. We have a rough patch to get through (more on that later), but we'll do it together. I have three gifts wrapped and honestly can't wait for some decorations to go up (but I will, because I love Thanksgiving enough to wait)! Happy Weekend!

3 comments :

  1. Cuties! I also love the pjs from Hanna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that holiday dress for your daughter! Sorry about your rough patch. Sending prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KC is the cutest lamb I've ever seen! What a sweet thing for Chris to do! I don't see Dan getting creative ever haha. And I LOVE KCs dress, I hope you kept it!

    ReplyDelete