Friday, May 26, 2017

Five on Friday

Happy Friday! What a week! N was supposed to have a game tournament game Tuesday (same night as T's practice) but with the crazy weather it was postponed two nights. So last night he had his second tournament game and came out with a win - phew. It's been a week where the weather has really determined schedule which is hard to plan for (luckily our sitter was available last night).

I'm linking up with April, Natasha, and Christina for Five on Friday today and talking about random things that have been on my mind.

1. Chris was in Charleston this week. He texted me this and I had to laugh. If 15 years ago you'd told me that my hip hop/rap loving boyfriend who was obsessed with sports was going to send this text I wouldn't believe you.

2. The text also relates to one of our favorite shows that is back on Netflix! Master of None is so well done and Aziz is hilarious. I love the first few episodes are in Italy and in Italian. I can pick a few words out here and there. It makes me think of our honeymoon in Florence. We dream about going back (and maybe learning the language a little more).
 (photos of photos because I have no clue where the memory card for these are)

3. N and I just started the 2nd Harry Potter. I'm so excited he loves the series. I also don't want him to get too far before he's older though (I think he needs to be a little more mature to understand the later books). I'm getting a summer reading list together for him and T. The book Wonder has been all over my Facebook feed (especially since it's becoming a movie), so I'm planning on ordering it. Any suggestions for other good reads? Diving into books with the boys is one of my favorite things!



4. Summer....oh gosh it's right around the corner and I have nothing planned! We haven't even booked our beach trip. I need to come up with some ideas and fast. I loved our day trip to Asheville over spring break and I know the boys will want to spend some time with my parents to visit their pool and the museums, but some nice random fun things around the city would be fun too (what are they I wonder...). They both want to try soccer, so I need to to hunt down some type of soccer thing.

5. Alright what have you guys got for Father's Day?! I'm struggling. Chris did an amazing job with Mother's Day (funny enough he gave me my gift the Friday before because he was so excited, it all worked out since he spent Mother's Day in the hospital)! He made a comment when he gave me my gift that he's "all about experiences" now - so I feel like I need something good. I'd thought about a trip to Charleston because there are friends there he's wanted to visit for the past year, but it's hard to organize with the kids. Any suggestions?

I hope your week has gone well and you are looking forward to a long weekend. We hope to find a way so show our gratitude for those who gave their lives for our freedom.

No comments :

Post a Comment