Monday, February 16, 2015

Life Lately...

Wow it's been awhile. I have so much to catch up on in the blog world!! Here's a bit of what we've been doing:

This little peanut is now 8 months old and is getting two bottom teeth. N has decided that Junie B Jones was right, and when you lose teeth the toothfairy gives them to a baby because KC is growing the two he has lost. 



Usually she wakes about once a night (although this week it's been three times) and a few times I've found her with her legs hanging out of the crib. I used bumpers with the boys because whenever this happened they would wake, but baby girl could care less.

 My big guy has had piano concerts, basketball games, and a special art night at school.




My middle guy has been living it up. Games, cooking, "fun" baths, and playing with KC. We usually call him trouble but recently he has been incredibly sweet and helpful, except for last night when he said how excited he was that I have another baby in my belly. Yea, no baby, just fat.


The past two weekends the weather has been beautiful. We've had picnics both weekends. 


Last week Chris needed to travel to Richmond for a day. T was out of school so I mentioned us tagging along. My dad retired in December so I called to see if he would come down to stay with N since he was in school and it seemed like everything would work perfectly! 

It was quite a drive, we left at 2pm and arrived at 9:00pm (stopping by my old high school for dinner). T was so excited to sleep in a hotel room! KC was not a fan of the pack and play but loved snuggling up with me. Chris had a room with two queen beds and he ended up sleeping on the couch because T isn't one to share a bed.

We dropped Chris off at work and thanks to Allie's recommendation, we headed to the Children's Museum. It was really interesting to watch T without N. He is such a follower that it took him a while to warm up and run around without following someone.






 We needed to pick Chris up at 3:00 and as we left the museum, it was pouring snow. It was all over us and it was beautiful! By the time we reached Chris it was just slight flurries, but still fun to watch. 
We headed back home, stopping once again by my high school for dinner. It was such a special time, I always love going by and visiting my old haunts.

While we were away, N became sick and my poor dad had to do laundry and clean carpets. He was feeling better the next day but couldn't go to school so my dad entertained him by visiting the aquarium and the lego store. Needless to say he didn't miss us one bit. 

I hope you had a great Valentine's weekend. We don't usually do anything but we were dragging so we stopped by Dean and Deluca for lattes and sweets. The boys were thrilled. We are expecting a bit of snow and ice tonight, maybe tomorrow will be a snow day!

5 comments :

  1. KC with her legs hanging out of the crib is too much! I love that it doesn't bother her at all. Sounds like a fun little trip up to Richmond! We're supposed to get snow too tonight so we'll see what happens- I'm hoping it's either a blizzard or nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little family! Loved finding your blog though another. I can't believe she doesn't wake up with her legs like that. Lucky Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That children's museum looks like a real blast! Glad got to tag along!!!! Lily never slept well in a pack-n-play either when traveling. I think she just didn't understand it. Haha your poor dad!!! Sounds like he was in a bit over his head but seemed to manage quite well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CMOR is a great place, glad yall had a great trip! Can't wait to see those two little teethies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. KC sweet little legs! Olivia would get so pissed that we had to put those breathable bumpers in her crib at first before moving on to the normal bumpers. T has great taste, that whipped cream and sprinkles looks so good! Hope you guys have finished up the last of these winter germs - and we'll all move on to warmer healthier weather.

    ReplyDelete