Monday, November 3, 2014

Recent Happenings

Happy November!! I love November, mainly because I love Thanksgiving! The last two weeks of October really flew by as we went full swing into the fall season. 

We started off with a preschool playdate at the farm. Last farm pictures - I promise.
I'm pretty sure the farm had a record year, these pumpkins were brought in. They ran out of farm grown pumpkins weeks ago.


 I finally got a pumpkin picture of KC I'd hoped for (minus the smile).

T had his pumpkin day parade at school. I have no clue what Star Wars character he is. He picked his costume while Chris and I were in Chapel Hill. This is totally a second child, N would have never known what Star Wars was at 4. 
 For the first time ever he said his name and what he was - I think the mask helped.

We carved pumpkins on Halloween. It has kind of become a tradition. The boys drew the faces they wanted and Chris and I did the knife work. KC hung out with us (and my parents) and we listened to the family Halloween Pandora station (which ended up being an awesome channel).



 We met up with some friends for dinner and trick or treating. My little pumpkin felt very same surrounded by superheroes!

Two minutes after getting in the car to head home from the evening, the sky opened up and it started hailing! It was crazy. Most of the time trick or treating there wasn't even a cloud. The hail was followed by thunder and lightening, not that we could hear it over the cries from our house. 
Classic Halloween Pic:

We all were dressed for church and then decided to watch the service from home instead. I love this little monogrammed dress on KC.
 I am so ready for the holidays! I purchased my first Christmas present today and my mom purchased this sweet set for KC! Chris even asked if the holiday lattes were out yet - obviously we are ready for some holiday fun!
How was your Halloween? Are you ready for Thanksgiving? Or do you need a candy detox first?

2 comments :

  1. I love these photos! Especially the crying one. That's real life! So glad you all had a successful Halloween. Totally crazy that it hailed though. Love the costumes and your bright eyed little pumpkin. What a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay - no more scary Halloween days for the boys. I love that picture of T and KC crying - thats one for the photo albums for later in life! KC looks so big sitting up in her pumpkin picture - and I'm dying over how cute her little Christmas set is!!

    ReplyDelete