Friday, March 6, 2015

Five on Friday - Brain Dump

Happy Friday!! I hope this week has been going well. It's been a fast and busy one for us (with a visit from the stomach bug in between - yuck). 

1. KC turned 9 months old yesterday! T is so excited because soon she'll be 12 months and she'll get dessert (he is also obsessed with hearing about the day she was born because he only remembers 2 things from that day - it is really really sweet).

A lot of people ask if I love having girl, and honestly I love having a baby! Then they'll ask if there's a difference between the boys and KC, and honestly there isn't. The only real difference I see is ruffles in the air when she's crawling around:

2. Daylight savings time ends this weekend!! I'm so excited - bring on the sunshine! KC is being baptized on Sunday. I searched high and low for a dress for her and me (I have no clue what the guys will wear, but I can guarantee N will dress himself in a sweater vest and nice pants and T will argue about wearing comfy pants and a Curious George shirt). Why is buying clothes so hard? I mean it's so easy to buy clothes for the kids, but trying to find a dress for me - not fun at all! I settled on this Gap dress (and it was on clearance for $18)! And by settled I mean it was the most perfect shift dress I ever did see (for my body type). Now to decide if I wear flats or heels - and find a stunning necklace (all before Sunday) - opinions welcome!
gap dress




3. I made a hair appointment to cut my hair for Locks of Love. I did this to celebrate my 30th birthday and have been growing it out ever since. I wasn't sure I was going to do it again, but twice now I've heard how expensive wigs are and how even if a cancer patient doesn't feel normal, they would like to look normal. 

Here's when I cut it back in the day:
 (it never looked like this again, it's impossible for my hair to turn under)

My hair has some wave to it now so I'm hoping I can pull off something like this (with a lot of youtube video help):

4. I'm going to start a new Pinterest trend with the Keurig on my nightstand. After a month, getting up early is getting HARD! Of course staying up too late doesn't help, but I am tired. Until this week I could jump out of bed at 5:15am without a hesitation. Now, I dragging until that first smell and sip of coffee. And I would love to drink it in this (sold out) mug:

5. I just finished the 4th Harry Potter book. When I went to check out the next one from the library I realized that being 8th on the hold list wasn't going to cut it. Thank goodness for Amazon Prime and 2 day shipping. The 4th book has been my favorite by far. I should probably go ahead and put the 6th book on hold. 

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! We are meeting to have our wills done this morning (what a delightful topic) and then N's preschool teacher is in town visiting so we get to meet up with her! Then we top off the weekend with KC's baptism (assuming no one else catches this lovely stomach bug). 

I'm linking up with the awesome Five on Friday ladies

4 comments :

  1. hahaha "because she'll get dessert"- love that! Great dress, rock some heels with it! You're awesome for doing Locks for Love, that short do is adorable, I say go for it : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many comments 1) She's so big and adorable and I love her polo shirt! 2) I love that dress. I never buy me clothes. It's so much easier to buy clothes for littles. 3) I did locks of love forever ago. I've been wanting to do it again, but just haven't grown it long enough before getting annoyed and cutting it. 4) I think that's the best idea ever. If my coffee was on my nightstand, I might actually get up. I'm really into this idea. Now to get the milk and sugar there. 5) I haven't read the 4th HP (stopped at 3) but we have GOT to work on our will also. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me want to read the HP series all over again! The 4th book was my favorite too! Until the 7th book. And I love that she gets dessert and you see rufflebutt. That sounds exactly like our situation too. Mac is all about birthdays so he can have cake. I don't blame him at all.

    ReplyDelete