Monday, July 18, 2016

Our Old House

We always meant to take pictures and video going through our old home before we moved, but we didn't. We do have the listing pictures from Tour Factory though! Our realtor wasn't big on staging, he wanted our house to look like we lived there, so the pictures are pretty accurate (except the lens used makes everything look bigger ;) ). 



The living and dining rooms were carpeted when we moved in, we replaced it with hardwoods after a red wine incident during a holiday party (and they needed the update anyway, it was just a good excuse).

We added granite countertops and new appliances before we listed. If I'd had my way we would have replaced the tile years ago. It was the worst!! You can't see it, but we had a carpenter add bench seating under the window and around the bottom cabinets. It was one of the best kitchen decisions we made! We also added the drum light, there was a fan there when we moved in - fan in the kitchen is a huge yuck factor for me (and there's one in our new kitchen :( ).


The same carpenter added our built in desk and storage. If you follow Emily A Clark, it's the same carpenter she used for her office shelves in her old house. Her recommendations have always been spot on!








Thanks for strolling down memory lane with me! We have close friends right down the street from our old home, so we see it often. I always wondered if KC would try to run back there when we visit them but she hasn't even acknowledged it. It's fun to look at how we left this house. It makes me excited to start decorating this house and really making it our home. 

1 comment :

  1. Yay for a new home to decorate! :) I love your previous home too though. I'm with you that fans in the kitchen are major yuck factor. I just don't get it. For the record, our current home has that same issue. :/ p.s. I know it's been a while, but excited to catch back up!

    ReplyDelete