Monday, November 9, 2015

Weekend Review

It was a wet and rainy weekend, once again. It seems to be the theme of the fall here in the south. Usually these are weekends we put a movie on and snuggle up while there's soup on the stove, but this was busy. 

I'd start with Friday but it was pretty typical, the only exception is I talked Chris into making waffles for dinner (it wasn't hard to talk him into it, more of "hey will you make waffles for dinner?" "sure" type thing).

Saturday the boys were going nuts. They argue a lot. We decided to get them out of the house for breakfast. It was a slightly insane time (T sit down, N get out of KC's face, KC stop screaming) but it was nice too. 

The rain cancelled our baseball games for the day so instead the boys went to art class with friends. They loved it and made beautiful masterpieces!
 cheesy pasta with asparagus // cake

We followed this up with T's team party at Sky High,  a trampoline center. The boys had so much fun and were really hard to calm down at bedtime!

Sunday Chris made pancakes. We used to 1/2 the recipe, now we make 1 1/2 the recipe. I'm sure we aren't too far from doubling it. 

While cleaning up I listened to our church service and started the boys on a craft. When they have a task they get along so much better. It was fun to get out the paints with them and talk while we worked together. I had to remind myself of this as I did the clean up. Here's our work in progress:

I've been wrapping Christmas presents and hiding them. I had one present not wrapped and N found it this weekend. He wasn't technically looking for it, but he found it. I keep acting like I don't know where it's from and he keeps trying to figure it out. I've been out of ribbon for wrapping so the presents don't have tags or ribbons, but I scooped up some this weekend - I'm in love with this one:


We watched the Panther's and N and Chris headed to the field for a game. T and I snuggled on the couch (T is the best snuggler). 

My parents came down and we went to watch. Unfortunately we were down a lot of players and lost, but we had such a sweet team. N was so upset after the game. It broke my heart. Remind me why sports are good? I'm having trouble coming up with reasons. (Coin flip below - apparently #1 seeds don't get home field advantage - but I'm not bitter ;) )

That pretty much ended our weekend. We had dinner with my parents before they drove back home. KC has refused to sleep through the night for awhile now, and this morning as I type, it's raining again. Hopefully it's the start to a good week! 

5 comments :

  1. Looks like a great family weekend! And yes, yall were BUSY!! Love KC's yogurt face and the boys' artwork. And I hate you a little bit for having Christmas gifts purchased at all, let alone wrapped and stowed away! Overachiever! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend. And I'm in awe that you've already done Christmas shopping! I haven't even started a list yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the sun comes out for you soooooon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, I love that you give them a task to keep them from fighting. Their craft looks great! And, seriously, enough of this damn rain! xo, Champagne&Suburbs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that Christmas ribbon! Wish I had seen it earlier! We did get so much rain, we were all going stir crazy. I hear this week will be similar? That craft is so cute! I'm having a hard time coming up with crafts for a 2 yr old. I tried to get her to put cheerios on a pipecleaner and bend it like a bracelet. She just ate the cheerios and yelled at me when I stole some for the pipe cleaner. Haha.

    ReplyDelete