Friday, March 17, 2017

Five on Friday

Time for a little random Five on Friday! This week has felt crazy long. Tuesday I kept thinking it was Thursday which means my week felt two days longer.

Happy St. Patrick's Day! This is a holiday I never knew people celebrated until I moved here. Growing up we wore green and that was it. Now it's a huge deal with a visit from the leprechaun, gold coins, soda bread, a parade and green everything. A preschool teacher once told me it's because Charlotte has so many people from up north where it's an even bigger deal. I honestly have no clue if the boys even wore green today. The girls are in UNC gear.

It's the second most wonderful time of the year!! March Madness! I love having the games on and it brings back such great memories of watching the games growing up (we always got to watch at school). We had everyone fill out brackets. KC chose her teams based on mascot (there's a cute video on my instagram). Three of us chose UNC to win it all, one chose dook (of course), and KC picked Villanova - or the Angry Bird to win it all. I laughed when I saw President Obama had dook and UNC in the final game and UNC winning it all. Apparently he wants another rematch.

Baseball games start this Saturday. Both boys have moved up a level. We have four hours of games scheduled for Saturday evening. And then 4 games and 2 practices next week. And it's a RECREATIONAL league. Chris keeps telling me I have a bad attitude about it. And I do. That's a lot of time. Bring back basketball.

Katherine started rolling over. It makes me want to cry. I want her to be my baby forever. She has the sweetest personality so far. It's quite the difference from the 2.5 year old who enjoys screaming what she wants and kicking off her shoes in a tantrum when she doesn't get it. (KC has her super adorable moments though I can't make her sound like a total nightmare).


In my shining moment this week I wrote two thank yous to neighbors. I had the boys run one over earlier this week. Then the other was delivered yesterday. The second one was returned by my sweet neighbor saying I mixed up the envelopes. Yay me!

Have a great weekend!! Linking up with April, Christina, and Natasha :).

1 comment :

  1. That bottom picture of the two girls!! So sweet! I don't blame you about baseball, that sounds like a lot of time for rec league baseball.

    ReplyDelete