Friday, April 21, 2017

Five on Friday

Happy Friday!! I hope you've had a good week. My mom is here today and we are heading to the zoo with the girls. I'd offered it up for a spring break activity and got "The zoo is boring" from the boys so I'm taking the girls while they are in school (and crying a little inside that the boys find the zoo boring). I'm linking up with the Five on Friday ladies today for Five bits of randomness.

1. T turned 7 a couple weeks ago! It's so hard to believe. He is such a sweet kid, unless he's hungry or tired (then get that boy a snickers because he could totally be in one of their commercials). We had a family celebration and are waiting for baseball season to end before his Game Truck party. 

2. T loves games. He is always up for playing a game - any game. One game he received for his birthday is the new hit in our house. It's called Ticket to Ride and it's super fun (but takes some concentration).


3. Next week we will have lived here a year! It seems like we've been here forever and like we just moved in. We've slowly been making changes to the house. A local mom's facebook group has been awesome for finding new lighting, decor, and even a new sofa. I was never a fan of the red Laz-y-boy couch and chair and a half we had. I like rolled arms, a skirt (I hear those are currently not "in"), and most definitely a washable slipcover. I bought an ikea ektorp used off the site and I looove the difference it makes. It's also so cheap the kids can destroy it and I don't care (new slipcovers are like $30). I've read so many blogs singing the Ektorp's praises that I hope we aren't disappointed. (Now I just need to get rid of the chair and a half)
Before

After

4. Sephora is having their insider sale. With my clothes still not fitting (ugh I hate that), I'm all about makeup and jewelry (and shoes). I'm loving this new foundation. It feels so good going on! 


5. N and I have started reading Harry Potter. I bought the illustrated first book (it went on sale on amazon for like $8 a year ago...hoping to score the second on the same way). N hasn't wanted to read Harry Potter at all and I ended up making a deal with him at some point (like extra xbox time if we could read the first two chapters) and after the first chapter he was hooked. We read a chapter at night and he always begs to read another. I'm so glad we have this to share. Chris just mentioned coming up with a good list of summer reading books. There are quite a few we haven't read we are interested in reading with him (Chronicles of Narnia is on the list). If you have any suggestions I'd love them!


2 comments :

  1. My boys liked Stuart Little, Henry Huggins, Beezus and Ramona, The Farm Boy (I think it is) from Little House on the Prairie (I read to my girls all of them), Percy Jackson, and my boys favorite to read themselves are these 2 series...Baseball Park Mysteries and I Survived

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally stalking this for good reading lists! Chapter books are so fun to share aren't they?
    I really like the EKTORP and am in need of a living room makeover. Ikea has had some cute stuff lately.

    ReplyDelete