Friday, April 28, 2017

Five on Friday

 Happy Friday! After last week flew by, this week just seemed longer. But after a long night with a stuffy two year old, and checking on a baby fever, I made it up early enough to throw cinnamon rolls in the oven for the boys (and I'm on my second latte at this point). So the day is off to a good start! I'm linking up with the five on Friday ladies with five things from last week:

First, yesterday this baby had her 4 month check up! She weighed in at 14 lbs 11 oz and size up to be 25 inches. This makes her on the tall side which explains why all her cute rompers are a struggle to snap! She had multiple vaccinations and ended up with a fever last night of 101.7. It was a little worrisome but she wasn't miserable. In fact other than her being warm to the touch I only thought to take her temperature because she wasn't my usually smiley baby. We didn't actually treat it with medicine and this morning she's back to smiling and giggling.

2. Last Saturday we spent our day at the baseball field. My mother in law bought us a shade tent which has been so helpful with Katherine. Sunscreen isn't fully effective on her yet so this tent provides some protection as well. And honestly we all sat in it during the games. It is really fun to watch the boys play, but this weekend they both were hit by the ball. T played first base and a ball took a bad hop and busted his nose. It was awful. Luckily he was wearing sunglasses and while they broke, they provided some eye protection. He was determined to get back into the game and even the dugout duty dad had to call me into the dugout to help stop the bleeding because he had walked away from me to soon (it was so gross, even I had to clean the blood off of me). Later we found out the ball that hit him was hit off a banned bat. To say I was angry was an understatement. I discovered in our rules, if you talk to the umpire, it's a forfeit (let's be honest NO ONE follows that rule), but use a banned bat and there's no consequence. Emails were sent.
N was hit in the back by a wild pitch. It left a mark, but he was fine. He even had one of his best defensive games yet (he caught a pop fly in center field, threw it home for a double play). His games have gotten really exciting because the level of play has changed so much. He has the same coach he had for his first year of tball. It is so weird thinking of Coach Chris racing him around the bases in 2013 when he was just 5 and doing the same now when he's almost 10 (Coach Chris always wins). After the game, coach asked N if he knew he was going to make that catch, N said yes he knew it, and coach said "I knew it too." In 2013 we were using all our strategies to try and get N to stop skipping to bases. I can't believe how much he has grown up.

3. Mom was here last weekend (and may never watch a baseball game again in her life after being traumatized by seeing her grandsons hit). We took the girls to the zoo on Friday. KC loved it. She loved the elephants, the flamingos, and especially, the "Dorys." We found Dory multiple times at the aquarium and I think she would have stayed in front of the big tank until the zoo closed if she could have. 




4. It's no secret we are UNC fans, so we were pretty thrilled with the championship game (and the NFL draft last night was pretty exciting too). I ordered these shirts from HonorRoll Designs and they shipped yesterday!! The Rameses fairy may be dropping one off at a friend's house soon :)


5. This baby and that backyard make me happy! It's been raining for days here and everything is so green! I forgot how beautiful spring is at this house (although it was beautiful at the old house too). The previous owner (and only owner for 50 years!) planted so many beautiful bulbs, azaleas, camillas, gardenias, hydrangeas, and peonies! It's like a little present every time something starts blooming. I just want to add a few dogwoods - our neighbor has one that overhangs our yard and they are just one of my favorites!

Have a great weekend! We have a double header for N on Saturday and a game for T, here's hoping they are injury free!

Linking up with April, Christina, and Natasha.

3 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness, my current youngest doesn't nap on my like yours does but my first son napped JUST like that and you've hit me right in the feels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a UNC Alum as well I love the shirts you picked up! I grabbed a shirt from Y'allsome to celebrate the championship win. Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. The zoo sounds like so much fun! We've had some rain here lately too but today I was noticing how green everything is, and it made the rain worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete