Monday, May 1, 2017

Weekend Review

It's gloomy again here. We went on a coffee run this morning before Chris headed off to work which made for the perfect start to the day. We have nothing on our agenda so I'm really hoping to get a few things done around the house. I love Mondays as a time when the house is a little quieter and we can breath after our crazy weekend. 

This weekend was lots and lots of baseball. We purchased a new fire pit and I'd promised the kids I'd put it together for roasting hot dogs and smores Saturday night. Honestly the last thing I wanted after spending 9am - 4pm at the field was sit outside and put something together, but I did. And even though we never really got the fire going, it was enough to have our treats. Every one slept really well.

Sunday we let everyone sleep in. T was up first, he always is, and he is always in the best mood bright and early. He snuggled with Katherine and me and I cherished the moment. He didn't ask to turn on the tv or play xbox, he just played with her and asked to hold her. Once everyone was up we grabbed coffee and bagels and returned home to play in the yard and take a walk. The rest of our day involved ice cream, more outside time, and had it not poured off and on, we would have had dinner outside.

Everyone was so dirty this weekend, it required baths/showers every night. We are usually a twice a week kind of parents, but this weekend they probably could have used two a day. Baths are also a really good way to keep KC contained. And as much as she loves a bath and washing her hair, she will not let me give her a pony tail or pull it back. She is constantly brushing it aside with her hands. It drives me nuts. What's the trick?! I think I'm just going to get her a trim and keep it short until I can reason with her.

KC also painted her own nails this weekend (and a couple of mine). My dad was down for two days taking out two trees and continuing a fence and needed just about five minutes of my time. In that amount of time KC had painted her finger nails blue and when I was texting a picture to mine friend, two of my toe nails ended up purple. 


 I hope your week is off to a good start. This is our one day this week that isn't super busy so we are going to soak it up. 





1 comment :

  1. That's really not a bad job at all she did on her nails! I have friends (and my sister hah) who are terrible at doing their own nails and she's way ahead of their skill level! haha

    ReplyDelete