Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Coffee Talk

It has rained the past two days which has had me wondering what in the world we did to entertain the kids before spring. I'm up to three cups of coffee a day, two in the morning and one right before the boys get home. Seems excessive. 

 Before the rains hit we definitely lived up to the "playground" part of my blog name. Hours and hours spent on playgrounds. One thing I love about our currently location is there is a park or playground in every direction. The boys play soccer, the girls play on the playground. The boys want to shoot hoops, the girls (and sometimes T) play on the playground, after preschool, the girls play on the playground. I just need to start remembering sunscreen.



Last Friday it was so beautiful I decided we should all walk to N's soccer practice together and then order pizza for dinner. His soccer practice ends after Katherine's bedtime so it was a little risky. She had a blast until the last fifteen minutes. 

I had my first dentist appointment in forever yesterday. And I have a cavity. A big one. I get to go back next week to see if he can clean it out without a root canal. Ugh. While I'm so grateful for a dentist I trust and who is extremely kind, I just hate all of this. I also realized I really need to schedule all my appointments (doctors and hair) before the kids get out of school. It's coming up!

Our ice cream game is still going strong. I consider it self medicating for temper tantrums (mine and the kids). 

Happy hump day! I know this sounds silly but I woke up with absolutely nothing we have to do today. It kind of sounds amazing. Pretty sure a trip to the library story time is in our future.

2 comments :

  1. Well that sounds like the makings of a great day to me! I'm powering through boring conference calls (hellooo blog reading time) and an upcoming board meeting by thinking about girls night in a few hours! So happy Wednesday to us both! hah

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and I meant to say, look at Katherine with that ice cream looking all GROWN! Goodness!

    ReplyDelete