Friday, July 24, 2015

This Week

Let the record show that this week has sucked. Major. Big Time. Totally blew. But after all the dust settles (and it will settle) my family is still my family, we have our health, and about a million other things that should keep me from complaining. 

So let's talk about some awesome things.

First up, my sweet first born turned 8. He is amazing and everyone that meets him loves him. 
We celebrated with lots of sugar, grandparents, and many Legos. I could attempted a Lego rant here, but staying positive. I think 8 will be a great year for him. 

Next, I received our family pictures from Tracey at Bower Studio this week (hence the sweet pic above). I adore them all, but here are a few of my favorites.





To keep my mind off things, I decided to reread The Hunger Games series. Sometimes it's nice to get lost in a story when reality just doesn't seem great. Although I guess it's weird to get lost in a story with such a dark plot, but I think those that have read the series (everyone?) understand the pull the characters have. And maybe it makes me think things aren't so bad in comparison. I'm also prepping for the last movie coming out! Huge positive right there - can't wait. Did you see the new trailer that was released?! Soo excited!!



I've mentioned before that I follow d365.org. It's a daily devotional (aimed at high school and college students, but hey it works). Today I read through the lesson to the prayer and this was the prayer:
Seriously, always a message I need to hear when I need to hear it. Now the putting blame part aside, it's going to be hard. But thank goodness for the message and the company in the whirlwind.

Do you have any go tos for hard times? I'd love to hear them. I've been blasting music, watching my fill of HGTV, playing board games with kids, swinging on the playground, and texting with my bff almost non-stop. They are nice distractions and I'd love more suggestions if you have them!



4 comments :

  1. It's always amazing to me how you are spoken to through devotions and daily readings. So inspiring. When times are rough and glasses of wine just don't cut it, I go for trashy tv and anything I can do that doesn't require brain cells that I can get lost in. Sorry times are tough right now. You totally have a cute crew to bring smiles to your face though, don't you? That middle one of your's, his smile...he seems like a total sweetie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh - I'm so sorry your week sucked. Those are the worst. What a wonderful devotional - its something that is so hard to do, but something we all need to hear often. Cookie dough is my go to. It never works. But it always works. Ya know? I love the family photos and can't believe how big KC is getting these days! Happy birthday N! I love the length your hair is right now. I'm DYINGG to chop mine off - but can't figure out what to do with it. Is that length easy to maintain? Low maintenance is my jam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you're going through a difficult time : ( Your family photos are beautiful, everyone looks fantastic! And I love Hunger Games series- have you read Divergent series? Sending positive thoughts and vibes your way! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're having a much better week. And yes, compared to living in Panem, nothing's really that bad, right? :)

    ReplyDelete