Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Labor Day

It is starting to feel different here. It's not so humid in the mornings, there's a slight hint of chill in the air at dawn and dusk, and the evenings are becoming quieter in our cul de sac. It's the time of year I dread. Before long it will be too cold to walk outside in pjs in the morning, too dark to play outside after dinner, and it will be much harder for the kids to expend energy outside the house. I used to love fall, but being a parent has caused me to dread it because right after fall comes winter.

But then there are great things about fall and winter. We had our first smores night on my parents new patio this weekend, fall baseball has started, Halloween is coming up and before long it will be Christmas as well. So I'm going to keep up the whole good attitude thing and think positively (and pray my jeans fit). 

Did you have a good long weekend? We try to avoid traveling because of the traffic, but we managed a day trip to my parents. We had dinner (and breakfast) with our neighbors. Our boys had baseball games and football season started. And I took exactly two pictures the whole weekend. I also discovered gif keyboard thanks to a linkup blogger and well it changed the game in texting. Download it if you haven't. It's so much fun.

Are you in fall mode now? Dreaming of PSLs? Thinking of cozy nights under blankets with hot soup and the return of New Girl? I hope your short week is off to a great start!

4 comments :

  1. We are in total soup mode now for sure!!! Lily is already asking for pumpkin soup! I'm not much of a fan, at least not the recipe I tried last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not quite ready to give up on summer yet (and this NYC weather is not letting me!), but fall is my favorite season so I'm excited for all the fun it will be bringing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about the weather! I'm looking forward for it to truly feel like fall. I had my first PSL today too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way about fall. I love it, but I hate winter so much that it's bittersweet. If it went fall spring summer fall... I think I'd love it even more. Had my first PSL and didn't love it. I think I'll stick to homemade.

    ReplyDelete