Friday, October 2, 2015

Fall and Friday

Goodness Friday seems to take forever sometimes. Maybe it's all the rain, or the gloomy sky, but this week seems like it has lasted a month. It's been awhile since I've blogged but it's nice to come back and write and share. I'm looking forward to catching up on what I've missed from my favorite blogs as well.
I thought I'd get right back into things with a Five on Friday link up! With the gloom, cold, and rain, it has definitely felt like fall which leads me to some of my favorite fall things (which sounds like just about everything other blogger).

1. This candle is the best candle EVER. I've owned other popular ones, but nothing beats this one. It's subtle, beautiful, and from a very socially and environmentally conscience company. My aunt and cousins introduced it to me when we visited in the fall, so to me the smell makes me remember family and fall. 
I like the Spicy Apple Botanical

2. I'm a seasonal music listener. In the spring/summer I tend to go Top 40, but in the fall I love classical music playing. I light my candle, put on music and that is our evening's ambience. The boys do homework, I make dinner and they play and burn till bedtime. It will be one of my favorite fall memories I'm sure.

3. I've slowly started adding our cold weather clothes to the closets. While the boys haven't really needed anything, it's been fun expanding KC's closet (and I may be way too addicted to monogramming - thank goodness for friends who have machines and for Facebook resell groups).

4. There are a lot of family birthdays in October. We always kick off the celebrations with our favorite book character's birthday. Today is Mr. Putter's birthday. The boys brought this book to school and we'll read it tonight.

5. Speaking of birthdays, the fall is our favorite time to bake. From cookies to bread it all seems more popular in the fall. Last week we made chocolate chip cookies twice, and they are completely gone. It's no wonder my jeans are a little tight (if only fall clothes for me were as fun as fall clothes for the kids!).

I hope your October is off to a great start - even if it's rainy. I'm linking up with the Five on Friday girls today!


3 comments :

  1. Hi! Welcome back stranger, missed you all month! It's fun to switch up the mood and feel of your house with the seasons- little changes like scents, lighting and music just freshen things up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those monogrammed outfits are darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of KCs monogrammed outfits! I need to get better about getting things monogrammed. I bought a dress that would be perfect with a monogram this summer - never made it to the mall - and packed it away for the next baby girl. I LOVE to bake in the fall. And binge eat Halloween candy. And my maternity pants are getting tight. So I feel you. BUT many more months until bathing suit weather - so we can always work on that later ;)

    ReplyDelete