Thursday, September 3, 2015

Thoughts on Thursday // This Week

Tomorrow KC will be 15 months old. This is a pretty big milestone for my babies (and for me!). Both boys started sleeping through the night at 14 months and the past 3 nights guess what this girlie has done as well! Over the past 8 years, I've spent a total of 3 1/2 years not sleeping through the night.
She definitely ended her not sleeping through the night with a bang as Friday night I was up 8 times before losing count. But it's happened, the 14 month magic has occurred, and I'm thinking I could write a book. It would be how to survive until the 14 month magic kicks in (starbucks, general grumpiness, hanging on the couch any free moment). 

I've been doing the happy dance for the past 3 days (one included a 4 hour nap)! Now I'm ready for #4 (just kidding).

Hope your week is going well! Back to school is kicking in over here, so the boys are exhausted from the long days. Yesterday there was a lot of crying and early bedtimes. T checked out this book from the library and it's been our go-to bedtime story these past two nights!

Chris calls this his favorite children's book ever. Then I realized the author is Suzanne Collins, the same author as my favorite book ever. Then he made a comment about how we both read the same author (Chris is not a lover of books in general). I'm thinking of starting a game to see how many blog posts I can relate back to The Hunger Games trilogy. Here's the Amazon description of the book (it has the rhythm of a Dr. Suess book which makes it more fun):
Charlie McButton likes computer games so much, he never plays with anything else. When a thunderstorm knocks out the electricity, his tech empire comes tumbling down, and his whole world loses power. Charlie needs batteries?FAST! But the only triple- A?s he can find are in his little sister?s talking doll. Will he resort to desperate measures and cause his sister to have a meltdown of her own? Or will he snap out of his computer craze long enough to realize his sister might be fun, even if she doesn?t come with batteries? Collins and Lester team up for a hilarious and timely tale that will crack up young computer addicts and those who love them!

Have a great day! Linking up with Annie and Natalie.

5 comments :

  1. The first picture is adorable of them sleeping. What is it with sleeping children we adults find so peaceful. Checking your blog out from Home of Malones neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the book rec! We are always looking for new books for Sawyer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN!!! Praise the lord!! Sleeping through the night is life-changing!! Way to go mama, so proud you survived. :) Bring on #4!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for sleeping through the night!!! Isn't it amazing?! I told Kyle all this sleep is going to have me thinking I can handle a third now haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay KC!!!! And I bet you feel like a new person! I definitely think you should have number 4 ;)

    ReplyDelete