Thursday, February 9, 2017

Thoughts on Thursday

My mind is such a jumbled mess with the lack of sleep, multiple schedules, multiple attitudes, well you get it. So some random thoughts for today:

How is Valentine's Day next week? And why do we have to do class valentines? I guess technically we don't, but seriously it's a pain. It's also frugal February (that fun tradition we have) so it's not like Chris and I are celebrating.

Consumer Reports latest issue was on making your house hold a happier place. One of the recommendations is to get a new dishwasher. We just did this last month and I can attest this is correct. Our old dishwasher was probably from the 80s if not earlier. It was not efficient. Same with our garbage disposal and the faucet was actually broken. We replaced everything and the idea of cooking isn't totally disgusting to me anymore. Obviously the magazine isn't aimed at people without dishwashers or the means to get a new one, but it did make me think about those who "make do" with what they have. I kind of want to buy them a dishwasher.

We started a chore chart for the kids and to make it fair we added fines. The chores are things we don't expect them to do like unload the dishwasher, walk the dog, and take out the trash. I will expect these of them when they are older but not now. They get fined if they don't do certain things we expect like put away their bookbags and lunchboxes (why do they think walking in the house and just dropping it in the middle of the floor is okay?!). So far it's been great and I haven't had to unload the dishwasher (which was my chore growing up and I HATED it - still do, but at least now with the new dishwasher the items being unloaded are actually clean).

How do you organize photos in the new Mac photo app? I hate it. I like my photos grouped by month or event.

UNC and dook play tonight. 'Nough said.

Do people still use Clarisonics? I'm debating buying a new head for mine but honestly I'm lucky if I find time to brush my teeth at night. Hopefully in a few months it will be different. Maybe I should just wait.

Yesterday was the day our cleaning ladies come. They've been coming every other week since right before we had Katherine. I think it is one of my favorite days of the month. I also think that if I could go back to the past, I'd forego eating out or even a vacation to have them come every other week. Even KC walks in and sniffs the air and mentions how wonderful it is. The boys run to the bathroom because they make the tp into little roses. It's a day the whole family appreciates. 

Katherine is 2 months old this week and we have her appointment this morning. 

Any random thoughts you want to share? I'm linking up with Annie and Natalie.

3 comments :

  1. You are a rockstar Mama!! I hardly ever use my clarisonic anymore even though I totally should be! I totally hate the new iPhoto changes too!! I liked having my events and then groups of monthly iPhone streams!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Heels!! I say by the new head. Just in case you find the time, you will be prepared. I hope the dr' appt went great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by the linkup this week (I'm the newbie host now with Natalie and Annie!) I don't really use my Clarisonic either (I couldn't even tell you where it is!) Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete