Thursday, May 3, 2018

Thoughts for Thursday

Last week I brunched, lunched, and had date night. This week has been pretty much the opposite. Meetings at school, cavity filled, kid drop offs and pick ups, but the weather has been nice so that makes all the craziness better. I will say I keep thinking every day is Friday. I had a pretty intense meeting Tuesday and after it I kept feeling that Friday feeling... so I'm really looking forward to tomorrow.

Random thoughts for today:

My kids see the sidewalk as an invitation for a walk at any time of day, shoes on or off. We'll be playing in the front, or back, or driveway, and off they go. It's really cute until I tell them it's time to turn around.

Katherine has been wearing all of KC's old clothes and it makes me so happy. I associate so many memories with clothing and I love that Katherine has a completely different look so different items really look adorable on her that maybe didn't make such an impression on me with KC.


Katherine loves books. She pretends to read them all the time and has some memorized. Chris and I are a little relieved because as the last of 4 kids she really didn't get the same reading experience the other kids received.

Did you vote early? I took the girls Friday to vote, but we ended up leaving before getting a chance (it's at the library so books took priority). I made a point of telling KC we were going Monday and I needed to vote first. She was upset she didn't get to push any buttons. I even met one of the candidates I voted for when I was leaving. And another candidate attends our church. I'm starting to find local politics really interesting!

Speaking of our church, a couple Sunday's ago the 4th graders were invited up into the bell tower. It was so neat. There are about 5 flights of spiral metal stairs to make it up. Once up they were allowed to play the carillon. I think there are only two in Charlotte. There was also a beautiful view of uptown.

I love spring in our neighborhood. Last fall we planted 3 dogwood trees. They were on super sale at Lowe's but we had hopes. 2 of the 3 made it through the winter and we had one flower. It's silly to say it's exciting but it is. We planted these in memory of our sweet dog who we lost in November and call them Dali's Dogwoods. It's right by the sidewalk and she loved talking walks when we moved here. I'm debating preserving the flower and framing it beside a picture of her.

 The homeowner before us had the best green thumb. She planted some beautiful peonies. I tried to move them this fall to another location, but it looks like I may have just divided them? This bloom was picked over a week ago and is still going strong and my kitchen smells amazing.

 My parents came by to visit Sunday. We spent lots of time outdoors and of course got ice cream.

My dad snapped this and I honestly love this "real" picture. I'm sure N and Chris are talking about some soccer thing, T is glaring down KC for some reason (probably related to taking her "spot" or wanting the rest of her ice cream), KC is asking Katherine for a lick, and I'm making sure Katherine doesn't fall out of the chair. 

Still a big fan of ice cream...

I hope your Thursday is going well. KC wasn't late to preschool, I got in a 2 mile neighborhood walk, and Katherine is currently napping... things are starting off pretty well!

Linking up with Natalie and Annie!

1 comment :

  1. I love that last pic! And total score on the peonies!!

    ReplyDelete