Thursday, October 22, 2015

Thoughts for Thursday

I'm tired. KC came down with a cold Saturday night and sleep hasn't been happening around here. Last night was our best night yet, but we've been up since 4am. She's currently napping and I should be folding laundry, but I'm tired and want to sit.

Yesterday the new issue of Our State magazine arrived. The subscription was a present and it's quickly grown to my favorite magazine (I even just cancelled my Real Simple auto renew because I usually read this magazine and never make it to the Real Simple). ANYWAY - There's an article on Vivian from A Chef's Life on PBS. This is one of my favorite shows and it was exciting to read more of what happens behind the camera and how her show has changed Kinston. I cannot wait for her cookbook to come out! (This issue also has an article on one of Chris' coworkers family's Thanksgivings - it was kind of neat to see in print).

Our weekend life is all about baseball these days. Since it rained so many weekends we now have make up games in addition to our usual games. Last Friday and Saturday we had 4 games total. This Friday, T plays, Saturday and Sunday N plays. N has grown so much as a player I'll be sad to see this season end. T received the game ball on Saturday for getting an out at third!

I need a pair of winter shoes. I'm debating booties but I'm not in love with the look (especially on me). I'm guessing trying them on would help me decide. I need something to keep my feet warm, which lead me to these (but maybe a ballet flat would be better). 

I realized last week that I took out my big camera exactly 1 time in the month of September. I'm trying to be better about but it's usually the last thing on my mind or I don't want to ruin the moment by going to grab the camera. I hate missing cute moments though.

Did you hear about the Gilmore Girls revival on Netflix? It may have made my week. There are a few shows I watch over and over (Downton Abbey, Pride and Prejudice, Gilmore Girls) and I CANNOT wait!! 

I've been cooking a lot recently and want to share some easy recipes. I try to make dinner while KC naps because once she's awake absolutely nothing gets done. She is by far my wildest, most demanding, craziest child.

Happy almost weekend! Linking up with Natalie and Annie :)

3 comments :

  1. Sorry about the lack of sleep : ( Oh just give in and get you some booties girlfriend! They'll grown on you- I guarantee it! I remember wondering if I could pull them off last year and ended up loving mine- with jeans, leggings, tights, dresses- it's all cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please share recipes! And I'm so pumped about the Gilmore Girls reunion I may have screamed and woke up my husband while reading that in bed. :) CANNOT WAIT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about KC's cold. We are keeping our fingers crossed they dont come near here. With ear infections and daycare Olivia was sick from October to April of last year- and I dont want a repeat! I love those booties - I vote you get them. I have been dying for some for 2-3 years now, and tried them on a few weekends ago. The round pregnant top with the teeny booties just didn't do anything for me. I think next year can be my bootie year. By the time I grab some, I'm sure they'll no longer be in style.

    ReplyDelete