Thursday, October 8, 2015

Thoughts on Thursday // A Little Q&A

Natalie of East Coast Chic was super sweet and nominated me for a little blogger Q & A. I always love reading these so I'm excited to participate and link back up with her (and Annie) for Thoughts on Thursday.

Bower Studio Photography

Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging five years ago on a family blog. My plan was to create family year books using Blurb to create books from my posts. I never did. Blurb was complicated and time consuming. I wanted to share more of my love of kids clothes, activities, books, but I didn't think my family blog was the place so I started Playground Prepster in 2013. 

Has blogging created friendships for you?
Maybe not the traditional sense of a friendship, but definitely friendships where I feel like a I know another blogger. Maybe in a pen pal sort of sense.

What is your number one tip for blogging?
Don't do it unless you want to. Don't worry about schedules because it leads to pressure about what to post. Instead, post when you have something to say (even if you may be the only one to read it). I love organizing posts about kid's clothes, even if it's just for me. I use them for reference later.

What is your favorite kind of blog post to write and read?
When I read blog posts I like to feel a connection with someone writing it. I can read just about anything if I think the person writing it is genuine. I tend to go through phases on what posts I prefer to read. I used to love to read posts on crafts and diy, then I started loving inspirational posts before moving on to fashion. Now it seems I read quite a hodge podge of topics.
My favorite posts to write are simply organizing my finds for children's clothes, books, or toys (but mostly clothes).

Is it hard to keep up with blogging and your regular every day life?
I don't necessarily stick with a schedule or really plan out my posts which makes blogging fit into my life a little easier. I'm not saying that one day I won't start having some type of posting schedule, but it would be a little too much now. 

Have you met any bloggers you met through here?
I've met Katharine from Southern Bourbon Mountains. Our boys were in the same soccer league. She is extremely nice and makes you feel like you've known her forever. She organized a dinner with some instagram ladies (and then couldn't make it because of an illness - boo), but I also met Dominique (and Elle) from ComfyCozyCouture. Elle was tiny at the time and just as adorable as she is now.

How much time do you spend blogging?
Maybe 1-3 hours a week. Usually I spend one night catching up on posts I may have missed.

What is your most popular blog post?
I wrote a post with all my End of Year Teacher Gifts, which is my most popular post. I need to reference it again (and update it) as I'm N's 2nd grade class room parent! 

What is your favorite post on your blog?
Wow that's really hard to choose. I loved putting together my Baby Gift Bundles post (I always love a theme), but I'm not sure it's my favorite. Maybe my most recent beach vacation recap as it was our first big trip as a family of five and I have so many wonderful memories from the trip.

Thanks for including me Natalie! I'm nominating:
and
Amanda at Tickled Pink




3 comments :

  1. Well that was a nice little surprise at the ending ;) thanks for the nom. I loved getting to know a bit more about you. Do you still keep your family blog? I agree that the round up posts are fun to organize. Kind of makes you feel professional in a sense. Ha! Is that sad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well heyyy! hah playing catch up- thanks for thinking of me : ) I'm the worst poster ever these days with nothing but random photo dumps in my line up so maybe someday I'll get to this : ) Fun learning more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading these! You and I are in a similar boat. I wish I had about 10 hours a week to put toward it. I always have post ideas and I think about it all week - and then 11 rolls around, and getting up at 5 is so soon, that I just never put the time toward it that I should. I love going back and reading about Olivia and wish I had documented even more. I know it'll get crazier even with more than one. But I'm glad you blog - I love reading about your sweet family. And super cute baby clothes that Olivia needs!!

    ReplyDelete