Wednesday, November 8, 2017

hello hello

Hey there! How's it going? Can you believe the year is almost over. I love Thanksgiving. It's just the best. No pressure for gifts, just sharing a meal with friends and family. I'm looking for some really awesome decorations (full disclosure, our Halloween stuff is still out).

My baby is about to turn one and it will mean the end of baby days for me. It surreal. I've had a baby or toddler for the past ten years. It breaks my heart so I don't think of it too much (except for party planning... I'm thinking my theme will be "saved the best for last" bwahaha).

I have 700 school directories sitting in my office. You can't even walk through it because of the boxes. Somehow I need to get them distributed to the oldest student of each family this week. Should be fun wrangling the two girls and trying to get this done. As much as I love feeling like I'm a part of something, next year I'll just say no ;).

If one more person tells me "I'm going to miss this" they will be punched. Why do people think we don't appreciate the time we have with our kids? I don't get it. Thanks for making me feel really crummy about aging random lady.

The trees seem prettier than ever this year. It's like a wonderland outside and KC is obsessed with the "crunchy crunchy" leaves. Some of my favorite memories from last year were standing under the maple tree and collecting leaves.


Speaking of trees, we bought three dogwoods to go in our front yard and I"m so excited. I love dogwoods.

I miss blogging and I miss reading blogs. I still read a few but I'm tired of people trying to sell me something every post. So many blogs have gone away from being personal (for privacy reasons, I get it) but then they just become a do this and buy this blog and that's just not fun. And the instagram videos are fun but oh my gosh, when you do watch them? Is there a way to pick and choose? or mute people?

My favorite show, "A Chef's Life" is back! It's so good. I hate I missed her book tour. And sadly I think I've only made 2 recipes from her cookbook... but they were delicious!

I set Katherine down in her crib so I could finish getting ready and she fell asleep. She is such a dream. She's only getting up once at night now which also is a dream. I'll be sleeping through the night again soon...now to get KC to sleep in her bed.

We went to Disney with our friends and grandparents. It was a great trip. The kids still talk about it everyday. T is obsessed with going back. We surprised the kids with the trip the night before we left. The surprise was a little underwhelming when we realized they didn't know what Disney World was! Our bad! Then we surprised them with their friends by all meeting up at the pool, which was also underwhelming. It was more, "Hey mom, Hudson and Holden are here." I guess they are used to hanging out pretty regularly.

Home improvements have been at a stand still since every second of our day seems to be taken over by other items. We have big plans for some day, but now it seems like I'm working day to day on what comes next with kid stuff and never ever can get ahead! I don't mind though because it's fun looking forward to it.


No comments :

Post a Comment