Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Thanksgiving

It feels like Thanksgiving was weeks ago. How did that happen? Do you have a tree yet? I feel like we might be the only ones without a tree! No lights out either. We might get one this weekend, but even that feels early to me. I will say all the outside decorations have made driving places super fun. KC ohh and ahhs over every little thing!

Did you have a good Thanksgiving? Ours was very laid back and that's just how I like it. My parents drove down for the holiday (and booked a hotel for the weekend!). My dad cooked almost everything and the items I was in charge of the boys took over (with assistance). Chris' mom came down with a virus and missed our big feast (and I think we gave it to her, boo on us). Hopefully we will see her this weekend.

Here's a few images from the day. We always watch the parade, take a walk, eat, eat again, and play board games.






The rest of our holiday weekend we spent enjoying time together. Friday we took the boys to see Wonder and I cried my eyes out through the whole movie. It was really good, but I never want to see it again. 

Some neighbors put out their holiday decorations (it's a yard FULL) so we strolled to see them. Along the way KC decided to make leaf angels (in the gutter... gross, but cute).

Saturday we spent most of the day at the playground. We played basketball, tag, catch, and hide and seek. Katherine hunted ladybugs, and caught one (and tried to eat it - it was saved).



 Sunday we headed to church, then the kids (all but Katherine) went to the baseball field. So far this week has flown by. Chris has been working long hours so I've been wrangling these four on my own. Katherine is recovering from her first double ear infection and not sleeping so the coffee is flowing morning, noon and night. Tonight we have our annual Christmas Crafts at church. I'm pretty excited. It's always a fun night.

I hope your week is going well! 


1 comment :

  1. Men at work in the kitchen- love it! Nice to see your lovely fam! I've missed reading and am playing catch up now!

    ReplyDelete