Friday, November 10, 2017

Five on Friday

It's Veteran's weekend! My dad is a veteran so to thank him I'm sending my boys to his house for the weekend. Just kidding...sort of. I planned to take all the kids to my parents house Friday (they are out of school) and spend the day with my dad but then leave the boys for the weekend. My dad felt bad about me driving there and back in a day with the girls, so he's coming down today to pick up the boys and take them for the weekend. Chris and I might be a little giddy about all the things we can get done with just two kids and a sports free weekend!

Joining in on Five on Friday:

1. Tis the Season!! Basketball season!!  I love basketball. The boys finished soccer last weekend, started basketball this week and the Heels play their opening game tonight! The girlies are wearing this and will be allll season long.

2. Have you heard of Turkey on the Table? It's at quite a few retailers (Nordstrom, Swoozies, if you are local it's 30% off at Shower Me with Love this weekend). It's cute, has a book that comes with it, and is about teaching gratitude. Plus when you buy one 10 meals are given to those in need.


3. Speaking of turkey day, Target has the cutest coloring table cloth and placemats. I put the table cloth out for the kids to color little by little. 

4. Laundry! Why is it so tough to stay on top of? Do you do it all at once or a little everyday? I've tried both but can't commit. I really liked last week I did every load of laundry in the house and then folded it while watching the new Beauty and the Beast movie (and an episode of Modern Family since I wasn't finished when the movie was). I didn't finish till 1am but I kind of liked having it all done. That said, I haven't attempted that again this week. 

5. How about a cute baby picture? I want to share like ten million but I'll just share one. Tuesday a lady stopped me at lunch to tell me Katherine was way too small and needed to be seen by a ped. She was sure something was wrong with her. Wednesday a lady stopped me to tell me she was such a big boy (yes wearing a pink floral coat, she was a big boy). So funny. Katherine falls right in the middle of the chart, so I'm not concerned. 
She turned 11 months this week and I have yet to snap a picture. I really need to be better about documenting her this last month (and in the future too). 

I hope you have a great weekend. I'm linking up with the Five on Friday girls today (first time in forever!! - and now I'll be singing the Frozen soundtrack).


1 comment :

  1. I love the monogrammed gear for Carolina games! The Target tablecloth is such a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete