Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Father's Day Ideas

June always makes me think of Father's Day. Chris always goes all out for Mother's Day and I like to try and get him something he'll love for his big day. Shopping for Chris is a little different than shopping for most guys, it seems Father's Day is all about grilling tools and liquor or beer. Chris is a vegetarian and he's never tried a drink. Luckily Chris loves clothes and hardly ever shops for himself. He's also a huge sports fan. So here a few items I'd considering purchasing for him (or have purchased for him):
Father's Day Ideas



Rainbow '301Alts' Sandal (Men) / Clinique 'Chemistry' Skin Cologne for Men / J.Crew Medium-dot cotton socks / Home decor / Twin Stripe Tie / North Carolina Tarheel Needlepoint Key Fob | Smathers & Branson / Men's Boxer Shorts: Fish Swirl Boxers for Men - Vineyard Vines / Buy Flamingo Printed Boxer Shorts for Men | Vineyard Vines® / Sailboat socks / Amazon.com: Classic Trouble Board Game: Toys & Games

The items above are all things Chris would love. I know a tie is such a predictable gift, but we are at the point where we haven't purchased one in so long that it's time! 

I actually gave Chris the ticket stub diary a couple years ago. He always saves his stubs. He decided to use the ticket stub diary to save all the stubs of games he attends with the boys (the link above is "home decor" but it's from Uncommon Goods).

Have you smelled Chemistry from Clinque? I gave it to Chris when we first started dating and I still love the smell. It's not overwhelming and it's so fresh. 

Chris is a board game lover. And when we first had N I thought it would be fun to gift him a board game every Father's Day that he could play with the boys (granted I haven't exactly followed through every year, but this year I am).

A polo is pretty much a guaranteed father's day gift (and when it matches the boys - it's a home run present).
N and Chris on Father's Day 2008

This year Chris actually picked his own polo - a Vineyard Vines pink one to wear in the delivery room (we had to return the striped one I shared earlier - it didn't fit). I also let the boys pick a few items to give him as well (which I think he will love). 

What are you planning on gifting? Do you do anything special? We've attended baseball games in the past, or had a cookout, but this year may be a little more laid back with a newborn in tow. 


1 comment :

  1. Love this! And love the idea of doing matching father son polos! Where did you find those? I want!

    ReplyDelete