Monday, June 23, 2014

Weekend Review

Happy Monday! This weekend FLEW by - although I think most weekends do. I'm really missing those slow newborn days, it seems we went from slow motion to warp speed in no time.  I do love that summer is officially here - it is my absolute favorite season! Here are a few pictures from our weekend:
 Not technically this weekend, but sweet KC's belly button cord fell off and since she officially had a real belly button N read The Belly Button Book to her. 

 The first day of summer included S'mores (of course). They really are our treat of choice. 

 A friend dropped off a present for KC and included gifts for the boys. The scented bubbles were a hit and helped entertain the boys on the wait for fireflies (we let them stay up WAAAAY past bedtime to see the fireflies).

 We were worried the fireflies were already gone for the year, but all the sudden as the sun set they appeared. Luckily there were quite a few and the boys loved chasing them and N caught quite a few. They are a really special part of summer!



KC seems to enjoy waking up at 6am (I can't complain she is my best sleeper yet). Sunday morning she had a bath and I saw N was awake. We tried to sneak out for doughnuts but T caught us and so we all headed out for doughnuts!

 Last night we made tacos, only I really didn't feel like making tortillas so we subbed in lettuce. It was the biggest hit with the boys. Each of them ate 3! I'll admit I loved them too. I always make our beans from dried beans since we are vegetarian and Chris made our fresh guacamole. We also sub out rice for quinoa for protein.

 Now that our girl is growing, she's starting to fit into more of her clothes. These bunny pjs are one of my favorites! You can still find them on sale here.

VBS started today for the boys. I wanted to put KC in my favorite Tea romper and I did, for about an hour. I had N snap a pic of us before heading out and thought I would get a pic of KC in it once I had dropped off the boys. She had other plans. I fed her in the nursery, changed her diaper, picked her up to head out and noticed my arm was wet. Huge blowout. If it doesn't come clean I'm buying another. This was soo cute! It's on sale here.
 I hope everyone had a great weekend. I cannot believe how fast June is going by! Summer should be twice as long!

2 comments :

  1. She is sooo cute and you look great mama! I have been addicted to black beans!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this post. Your summer sounds like so much fun already! Smores and fireflies and bubble and donuts?! YES PLEASE! Can I come over and be one of your kids? :) And no, I can't believe it's almost July. How did that even happen? Isn't it still May?

    ReplyDelete