Monday, August 18, 2014

The End of Summer

Oh summer where are you going!! N starts school next Monday and he will be in 1st grade. I think this breaks my heart even more than when he started kindergarten. I taught 1st grade so I feel like I should understand he is still a sweet baby, but he just seems so old. 

Last week, Chris was technically off, but honestly it ended up just being a total of one day with all the calls and meetings. That did not exactly make me a happy camper. We did try to make the best of the time we had (after I stopped yelling about how little time we actually had). Here are some photos from our week and weekend:

T loves cars, planes and animals. He set up this set of jungle animals, farm animals and dinosaurs. Then I had to laugh when our furry animal walked through and knocked them all down!

 The boys always want to hold KC and she always screams when they do. They are constantly in her face, giving her all the attention any baby could want.
 Fro-yo was a common occurrence (and TCBY has almond milk vanilla!)

 Little miss and I went to a hair appointment together. She was upset the minute we got there so she nursed under the cape and fell asleep (her hair still looked fabulous though ;) ).
 I love these big bright eyes and all they take in these days.
 The baby toes are kind of adorable too!
 We made it to the park! This is something I haven't done for the boys in a loooong time. 

 Baseball starts this Friday so he hit up the field to practice.
 Smocked dress - check, 
big bow - check, 
monogrammed diaper cover - check
Ready for church!
 After our first adventure back to church since she was born, we decided to walk our favorite neighborhood to the coffee shop and then the playground. 
 Little miss decided she needed to eat at the playground and had her first real tears! 

This is our last week of freedom. The last week to sleep in (I thought I'd try to get on our school schedule today but honestly it was the Lilly sale that got me out of bed). I'm trying to plan fun things for the boys as well as get the essentials out of the way (hair cuts for sure)! 
And if you scored 12-18 month Little Lilly's before me - not cool! Just kidding, great scores, I ended up with just a swim suit for KC for next year!

4 comments :

  1. Seriously, few things are cuter than smoked baby clothing!!! I bet it's been awhile since you've taken the boys to a park! A baby and 2 boys! That's a handful mama! Good to know TCBY has almond milk vanilla too! Sounds like ya'll made the best of a non-work, work week. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought SS a pullover and that was it. Mama got a new tunic and a sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to get so much stuff but being pregnant this summer has kept me out of the store so I was clueless! I was hoping they would have more open cardigans but not enough that I liked. I got 1 dress...boring! And the little girl stuff was so tempting but I don't want to even try to guess on sizing yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know about the Lilly sale! It's probably for the best though .. KC is getting so big! Those bows and that smocked dress - and that little romper she wore to the baseball park! Oh my gosh she's adorable!!

    ReplyDelete