Thursday, August 21, 2014

Thoughts for Thursday: Back to School

This is our last week of summer and we are trying to fit in last minute fun. 
Tonight we will meet N's 1st grade teacher and if I cry I'm going to blame it on postpartum hormones. This time of year I always pull out our back to school book collection. Here are some of our favorites in it:

I also like to have lots of information on the teacher for gifts and surprises during the year. I'll usually email a few questions like this:
I'm really nervous about beginning the back to school routine again. I asked my mom to come down for the first day or so to help with pick up and drop off. And in two weeks, T will head back to school as well. In addition to that we will start up baseball, soccer, art and continue piano. I'm already missing our summer days. 

Any tips for making the transition as easy as possible would be greatly appreciated. Currently no one in this house is truly excited about summer ending.

Linking up with Annie and Natalie for Thoughts for Thursday.


Thoughts for Thursday

4 comments :

  1. So exciting! Bittersweet...my little sister just started kindergarden. It's both happy and sad...ha! ;)

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear your tips for making the transition easier. Olivia started in a different classroom last week than the one all her friends are in (its open for more hours) and I was SO sad for her! I don't think she skipped a beat - but I just felt so bad. New routine, new teachers, new room, new friends! I can only imagine it gets harder? :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! Love the teacher survey too, such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We aren't in real school yet but with 2 activities going on that take up 3 nights I don't know how you do it!!!!! I love the questionnaire and I will be ordering some of those books!!!!

    ReplyDelete