Thursday, August 7, 2014

Thoughts for Thursday: Random

Hello Thursday! Time for some random thoughts:

 N has his 7 year check up and KC has her 2 month check up tomorrow. It is crazy to have such a huge gap but it has worked out so well. N dotes on her and he is crazy helpful (I can even lay in bed in the mornings while he gets breakfast for him and T - such a blessing for those nights that don't go so smoothly). I hope having a gap between kids (T and KC are 4 years apart) will somewhat limit the competition they might feel between themselves (for toys now and achievements later) but only time will tell. I have a friend who is closest with her sister that is 12 years older, so there is hope. 

We are huge fans of So You Think You Can Dance (N was almost named Neil after my favorite dancer). Usually I show the boys a few of the dances the next day. N asked me this week when KC was going to start ballet, which made me laugh. I took N to The Nutcracker last Christmas, which he loved and we've been listening to the music in the car recently so I think that is where he got the idea. 
And side note - who are your So You Think You Can Dance favorites? The guys are so good this year - I like Casey, Zack and Ricky. For the girls I love Valeria and Tanisha. 

I've almost finished the Divergent series. I honestly think I should stop reading these dystopian series (although I LOVE and will always LOVE The Hunger Games series). If I think about them too much it freaks me out about having kids grow up and what happens generations down the line. And the Divergent series isn't really that great (I actually liked the movie better than the book). I'm ready to move onto Me Before You.

Chris is off next week. I've made about a million doctor's appointments we've been putting off. We haven't had a physical in over ten years, annual eye exams, skin checks (skin cancer was just addressed by the Surgeon General and tanning is a cause - not just burning so slather on that sun screen), and dentist appointments. I couldn't fit everything in next week, but at least they are all made!

I'm also getting a haircut for the first time since November next week. I'm thinking of a trim without layers but part of me wants to do something totally awesome. Chris has requested side swept bangs, which I think I can handle - like this pic: 
Any other suggestions? I've pretty much had every hairstyle out there.

I'm linking up with Annie and Natalie for Thoughts for Thursday! I hope everyone is having a great week and is looking forward to a great weekend! 
Thoughts for Thursday

4 comments :

  1. Stopping by from the link up. I love side swept bangs but they are so hard to maintain! Especially if you work out often. And my favourite is Ricky :-)
    SArita
    www.itsagirlgirlworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet that N asked when Little Miss is going to start ballet!

    I love the side swept bangs...I also added long layers to my hair this past fall and have LOVED them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we love SYTYCD over here too!! my hubby's fave all-time dancer is Neil! loving Valerie and Tanisha and Ricky the most :) hope you had a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neil is so so cute! I saw him in Bring It On the musical. Such a great dancer and that face!

    I actually really loved the Divergent series but I didn't read the Hunger Games so I can't compare. I only saw the first movie and found it to be too disturbing so I didn't see the second.

    ReplyDelete