Monday, August 4, 2014

Weekend Review

Ah Monday, here again so soon! The weekends fly by (but honestly I don't mind the quiet a Monday brings, this will all change once school starts again). Our weekend was full of friends and family. Friday my dad stopped by with my grandfather and took us all to lunch and the dollar store where he gave the boys $5 each. They were so surprised they could each pick out 5 things - 5 things. It's hilarious what means so much to them. We spent the rest of the afternoon riding bikes and playing basketball outside. It was drizzly and this boy has the best rainy day hair (sorry it's an instagram repeat).
Saturday we had a birthday party down the street. Our friends had a huge bounce house and the boys counted down the minutes until they could attend. It was rainy but cool and the rest of the afternoon we spent at home. This girl is growing and smiles almost constantly (almost).

 Sunday my parents offered to drive down and take us to lunch. I laughed when I received a text at 9:10am that they were 20 minutes away. My mom hadn't seen the kids in two weeks so I know she was anxious to visit. We spent the afternoon at our little park with a remote controlled boat Grandpa and brought down.


 Later there was rock climbing and the most intense game of hide in seek I've witnessed. As N said, "I took hide and seek to the next level." Everyone left sweaty and happy.


We had an early dinner and said goodbye. It took forever to get KC to sleep (over two hours) but then she woke up smiling so all was forgiven.
I hope everyone had a great Monday! I look forward to catching up!

2 comments :

  1. lol "I took hide and seek to the next level." I love listening to kiddos chit chat! Such an early morning start but it seemed to be a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such a good weekend spent with family!!

    ReplyDelete