Friday, October 17, 2014

Five on Friday

There was not enough coffee involved in this week. I hope you've had an easier one! I'm linking up with Five on Friday and thought I'd share five things from my week. 

1. First up, the big one. Our poor dog was super sick. She was sick for a bit while we were gone but improved Monday (I was worried about the boys missing me, I should have worried about the dog). Then Tuesday, she was sick enough for me to take her to the vet with all three kids (in the rain, with a tornado watch - which always, always, freaks N out). While at the vet, she stunk up the room with her sickness to which N said, "You know when you smell something and you feel like you are going to throw up." - Ugh yes, great. We were sent home with meds, but by 11:00 that night the poor dog was just leaking blood everywhere, and lots of it. So of course my loving husband said he would take her to the emergency vet so I didn't have to wake up KC who is exclusively nursed and not sleeping through the night so she needs access to me at all times I woke KC, strapped her in and drove the twenty minutes in the downpour (and tornado watch) to the vet. Two hours later, our sweet dog was getting an IV, I was signing a very large bill, kissing her furry head, and heading home with a very awake baby. After about two hours of sleep, it was time to get the boys up and to school before we stopped by the visit her. 

She was able to come home Wednesday night and we've been monitoring her closely ever since. 

2. Chris purchased a cup for N to wear for baseball. He needed one if he was going to play catcher. I cannot handle this. He is 7. 

3. KC had her four month check up. This girl is a chunk! I've never had a chunk before, but her thighs scream my genetics. She also has a deep smoker's laugh. It is all too much. 

4. Nordstrom wins for most awesome Star Wars shirt ever (but I still love the Hanna PJs too). He had to wear it out of the store.

5. I want this gap dress for KC. I almost purchased it Monday with the sale (and by me, I mean my mom because she took us shopping) but I didn't and now I can't stop thinking about it. Cute tights, booties or moccs, and a bow and she's set!
Untitled #18

I hope you are looking forward to a great weekend! N has a night game tonight and then we have soccer and more baseball in the morning. I'm hoping for some sleep as well, just a little will do!

Linking up with Natasha, Christina, April and Darci for Five on Friday!

9 comments :

  1. Okay, KC is adorable in that photo ... I mean, one beautiful baby for sure. You must get compliments all the time!

    I'm sorry to hear about your pup. It's so hard to see them sick. Sending thoughts for a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH NO! What is going on with Doggie???? And why do they always get sick at the worst times?! And I need to go buy that shirt STAT! What time is your soccer game tomorrow? I should just start texting you I bother you so much! ;) OH and about the camera lens, I had my zoom that day which is a nicer lens than my own. I keep my camera on landscape or AV for good daylight pictures and switch to manual to jack with lighting if shadows or indoors. I"m not very good yet but trying to get better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your dog? :( Do they know what's wrong? KC is such a cutie!! Love that Gap dress- girls clothes are so cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh bless your heart- that's a long night girl! I can't imagine taking care of three babes come morning time after a night like that! (correction: I'm still a new mama, I can't imagine being able to take care of three period. mad props to you : ) hah) I want that Gap dress for Lawter now, sooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog! You have an adorable family. I hope your sweet dog recovers quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love baby chunks!! I would squeeze her thighs for days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That outfit is so cute!! Prayers for your dog - they are some of the best family members - and I hate to see them sick!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Star Wars shirt :) I love the HA star wars pjs too. And do not get me started on the holiday pjs. I already bought a pair for H

    Hope you dog is feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete