Friday, December 5, 2014

Five on Friday: Five Gifts

Happy Friday!! The first week of December is on it's way out! I love this time of year. Our decorations are quite up yet and I think we will get a tree this weekend. To make this Friday even better, I'm guest posting at East Coast Chic today for Natalie who just had an adorable baby boy! Make sure you check it out - I'm sharing my favorite makeup.

I'm linking up with the Five on Friday crew for the five things my kids get every year at Christmas. It's not like underwear, it's things they get excited about and since they do we always give it (although they would probably love superhero underwear, maybe I'll throw that in). Every year. Here are our five constant gifts:


Kid Christmas Gifts
Christmas Always




1. Shoes! My boys love shoes. They go through two pairs a year (sneakers - those are workhorses here). Birthdays and Christmas are always for new shoes! I get so excited to choose new ones for them. This year KC will get her first pair of pedipeds!

2. Paint and Paper! We go through soooo much paint! My kids love creating so there is always something artsy as a gift. Thinking about it, I should probably throw some glue sticks in there too! Or glitter glue - even better!

3. Bubbles! If N was my only child, he probably wouldn't be getting bubbles at age 7, but my other two will love them and N will play along I'm sure (he's an awesome big brother).

4. School Items! Sometimes it's a lunch box, sometimes it's a book bag - it depends on what they need. This year it's a personalized Star Wars notebook for their doodles. They love taking notebooks in the car to draw and write (we are strictly a no tv car right now).

5. Game! We loooove giving games. It's like giving experiences and memories we can create together. We are a game loving family! This year I think Monopoly Jr. will be a big hit! In the past, Zingo and Spot It have been great additions (of course Candy Land is a favorite too).

I'm linking up with the Five on Friday girls! Have a great weekend everyone! Are you counting down shopping days? They are flying by!



3 comments :

  1. Yessssss games! We love games and painting over here too! We definitely try to do a craft, something to wear, and then a toy from Santa they've wanted. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah I used to LOVE getting games as a kid! However, it didn't take us long to lose the pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this list! Olivia is giving bubbles to every kid in her class. It's an expensive gift and she loves them!!

    ReplyDelete