Friday, August 28, 2015

Five On Friday // This Week

Hello Friday!! It was our first full week back to school for N and T's first days of kindergarten! Big changes around here. Sharing a five things that happened this week:

1. The boys started school this week. N went all week and T went Tuesday and will go again today. Kindergarten is a rolling start here with a fourth of the class going each of the first four days and everyone in attendance on the fifth. We have his open house before school this morning!


Chris was home for breakfast and drop offs Monday and Tuesday as well as for dinner EVERY night this week. It has been amazing. I'm used to doing breakfast through bedtime on my own but I like to think of this as part of our new year/new attitude. He was even able to take both boys to their baseball practices this week so KC could have her normal bedtime routine!

2. KC is all about accessories now. She found mardi gras beads in the boys room and has claimed them. She puts them on every morning. She's also a fan of my Lilly bangles and is obsessed with shoes. One day she screamed at me because I couldn't put her navy sandals on top of her white ones. She seems to want a bow in her hair, but within five minutes she rips it out.


3.We ventured back up to Asheville Saturday night. Our nephew was in a soccer tournament. We saw one game Sunday morning before having lunch with family and heading back home to get ready for back to school! It was a super short trip. My dad stayed at our house to care for our elderly dog and made us a huge dinner for when we returned. My parents always spoil us. 
Our room at 10:30pm  

4. I tried out this skinny oatmeal cookie smoothie this week and it was a huge hit! Smoothies are usually a hit around here, but this one lacks berries and adds oatmeal so I wasn't sure how it would be received. N had one for breakfast and asked for it in his lunch too. (Ignore the paint splattered table please - it's getting a makeover next month)




5.It's consignment season!!! I'm so excited. Today is one of my favorites. I'm consigning and shopping. I haven't purchased anything in months so hear's hoping there are some great finds! 

I hope your weekend is wonderful! Linking up with the Five on Friday ladies.



7 comments :

  1. I love the pictures of the boys!! And the rolling start to kindergarten, what a good idea. Olivia loves accessories just like KC. She refused to go to bed the other night without her necklace. I clearly wouldn't let her have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to laugh about KC loving her girly accessories. Camille is the SAME way. I swear some people probably think I'm making her wear stretchy pearl bracelets, purses on her arm, and big bows. But the truth is, she loves them, asks for them! Apple ... meet tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww i just love seeing everyones first day of school pics!
    XO Ellen from Ask Away
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first time visiting, am stopping by from Five on Friday! Your Littles are so adorable! And I love th beads and bangles. We've got two boys. Maybe a girl one day, we shall see! Happy Weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. bahhaah Lawter has done the SAME freak out about already having shoes on and therefore me not being able to add more on top! haha girl loves her some shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to try that Smoothie. I'm always looking for new smoothie recipes!

    ReplyDelete