Monday, August 3, 2015

Some New Favorites


Okay get ready to thank me because I found some things I love and I'm sharing (and then I'll pass the thanks along to the friends who shared these awesome sites and products with me). KC loves them too (or this post just seemed too text heavy and I needed to add a cute picture).

First of all, I've always ordered bows from Julia's Bowtique. I really love her product and selection. Then my friend said I should check out Girls Crochet Headbands, and well I may be a convert. I bought 5 bows, all .99 and shipping was $4 (which I split with a friend because we ordered together). The bows are great quality. The only thing is they don't have the selection of Julia's, so I may mix it up (although I think their offerings change over time). They also have tutus, bloomers, and other items. 

Next, I aim to use more natural products as part of our everyday routine. We use vinegar and water instead of harsh antibacterial sprays, have organicish lawn care, and I had been using Tom's deodorant. But honestly Tom's is no match for a southern summer and I needed something better. I was visiting my best friend through middle and high school and she offered up Primal Pit Paste. I laughed as I left thinking how many friends would you except deodorant from and think it was an awesome gift and not offensive. That one jar has lasted me from January until now (Chris just mentioned he's been using it this week too). I love it. I will be ordering lots more. Here's the website to find out more, but I noticed it's on amazon too. I like the thyme and lemongrass scent.


 And last I LOVE ordering from Sephora. I can earn cashback and there's always a ton of samples included. One sample I fell in love with was Living Proof Instant Texture Mist. It is perfect for summer with the kids home because there is no time to dry my hair and half the time it's a waste because we're heading to the pool. This gives my hair just enough weight to make it look just a bit styled with absolutely zero effort. 

Have I sold you on anything? I love blogger/friend recommendations and wanted to share some new favorites of my own. Want to share any favorites of your own? 

2 comments :

  1. Definitely going to try out that primal paste. I use Tom's and it is working okay for our Southern Summer, thankfully. I'm always interested in newer natural alternatives. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to check out that shop and that spray. We do a ton of natural products here too, but I think deodorant might be the last to go ;)

    ReplyDelete