Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Resolutions Revisited // A Good Laugh

Recently I looked back at my resolutions from last year and I couldn't help but laugh at how poorly I followed through. Here's what I posted and what actually happened:


  1. Have lunch with N every other week. N LOVES when I come for lunch and I know that won't last forever. I also love that his lunch schedule is while T is in school so I can get some time with him (and KC too). I did pretty good on this until the new school year started. Since both boys are in school I've had lunch with they exactly 3 times - which averages once a month. 
  2. Floss daily. I set this goal back in 2012 and missed only 7 times the entire year. Since KC was born my bedtime hasn't been the same and there is very little routine. I blame netflix for this not happening. I really need to go to bed earlier.
  3. To go along with the flossing, wash my face nightly! I love my Clarisonic but I am sooo bad about using it. See #2 and cancel netflix ;)
  4. Read a book a month. I have a list I want to get to, including the Harry Potter series. Finally one I accomplished! I read all the Harry Potter books and quite a few more!
  5. One fun activity a week for the kids, even if it's simple like riding bikes on the greenways. Didn't happen. We had fun, but the whole planning thing didn't happen.
  6. Beds made daily. All of us. Every day. Ha. Good one.
  7. KC routine. This baby is throwing me for a loop. She was a great newborn sleeper and now at six months she's worse than any of my kids as newborns. I'm not a sleep training momma, but any advice not involving tears please send it my way! Another one to check off!! This girl LOVES her sleep now! If we aren't putting her to bed by 6:30 she will tell us "night night", and try to climb in her crib! It's crazy - I've never met a baby like her!
  8. One new recipe every two weeks. We had a lot of fun this past year experimenting with new recipes. Even so as vegetarians we tend to get into ruts - time to resolve to change that! Didn't meet this goal either, but did try some fun new recipes!
  9. Host friends every other month. The boys get so excited when we have friends over and Chris and I usually have a blast too. It is just so much work to get our house ready - it's such a mess most of the time. Having friends over more regularly might help us keep it tidier and see our friends more often. This one really didn't happen. It's stressful having friends over, but then it's so fun too. Probably should work on this again this coming year!
So 2/9... I'm thinking of making silly goals this year, like painting my nails once a week. Or no goals at all because really the same goals are always there - spend more time with my kids, spend more time with friends, invest in myself - new year or not.

Also if you haven't visited Pink Pistachio recently I highly recommend watching this video. It's so heart warming and well done (and a great post going into the new year).

3 comments :

  1. Girl, I laugh at my goals, too! I did not do a good job! But cheers to living spontaneously! xo, Champagne&Suburbs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that KC is sleeping so well for you now! And this is why I dont make resolutions - I dont follow through with them hahah. One thing I do want to do is have more friends over in a messy state. We always do big themed parties with 8 or so couples - clean our house, I wash my hair, it's always a thing ;). But to have friends over for dinner in sweatpants while the kids make our disaster of a house even worse - it sounds wonderful. Nothing fancy, just whatever we are having. I have been saying I want to do that more.

    ReplyDelete