Thursday, January 28, 2016

Thoughts for Thursday // This Week

All the ice and snow made this a super short week. The boys just went back to school yesterday. Poor KC didn't know what to do without them. They attended her music class yesterday and KC would have nothing to do with my lap, and kept walking over to N's (who was trying to sit quietly off to the side). I ended up asking him to participate with her and he loved it. Five days off full of sledding, movies, friends, music, and the library has me itching for summer (and signing up for boot camp so I'll have the energy to keep up).



The lack of school and schedules had the boys in crazy good moods. It probably also helped that I fed them nothing but sugar Monday. I didn't realize till putting them to bed that their day consisted of cinnamon rolls, chick-fil-a, Icees, and cheetos. I redeemed myself with dinner (veggie burritos with homemade tortillas), but I couldn't help but think the food choices had something to do with their crazy fun attitudes.

I just finished reading Water for Elephants (like a decade too late). I think I missed something because it just didn't make me love it like I thought it would. I was rather horrified by a lot of the goings-on in the circus and had a hard time really liking the characters. The story was interesting though. (and how did I not know this was a movie?!)

Tomorrow is Friday! Thank goodness.  Chris has been pulling late nights and the kids miss him like crazy (me too - and I can't binge on The Office when he's not home at night... that said, our house is a lot cleaner). Linking up with Annie and Natalie for Thoughts for Thursday!


3 comments :

  1. Snow days are all about survival. I think your snowy sugar day sounds right up my alley. Seriously, now that I have had the baby, all I want is sugar. I am thinking that is some sort of hormonal deal.
    I didn't really like that book either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed how you do it with three!! That's a long time to be off schedule and have the kids home for snow days!! You're wonder woman in my book...feed them all the chick-fil-a they need to keep your sanity :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cinnamon rolls, chick-fil-a, Icees, and cheetos?? That's like my dream meal!! And I wasn't a huge fan of that book either. Her other books are even worse...don't even bother.

    ReplyDelete