Friday, January 8, 2016

Friday Favorites // Five on Friday


Getting back into the groove of things wasn't quite as bad as I was expecting. Don't get me wrong, we were all exhausted by the end of the day, but we were on time all week and prepared. I almost didn't recognize us. I hope your first week of 2016 went smoothly! 

Sharing 5 favorite things from this week:

1. I love receiving gift cards because come January when I don't want to spend money - gift cards are the gift that keeps giving. I received a Sephora gift card and ordered a few things. The winners so far are these three items:
Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner - There was a learning curve to putting this on, but it's awesome. It does smudge right when it's applied but then it stays put the rest of the day (and night... eek). LOVE it.

Naked Flushed - Love this 3 in 1! It's the perfect set for glowing cheeks.

Tarte Lights, Camera Lashes - I went through a sample of this and liked it enough to purchase! I just noticed they have a waterproof version too! 
  The other items I need to try a little longer before recommending them. I'm addicted to Sephora. 

2. We tried pomegranate seeds for the first time this week! They were a hit with 3/5 of us. Now I need some recipes. And a YouTube video on how to get the seeds out without my kitchen looking like a crime scene (such a mess)! 

3. One of my Christmas gifts from my parents was a Minted Art piece. I hung it above our bed and I love the look! Here's a little before/after action:

The wedding pictures used to be over a dresser, but we rearranged the furniture a few months ago and it just didn't work as well. 

4. After the holidays I've decided that quilted vests are my best friend. Nothing hides the pudge like a vest (muffin top, what muffin top?). I have a navy one and a white one and they are on full rotation these days. Maybe I should start gifting these to new moms, I bet they work great as nursing covers too - ha! 

5. I may be slightly addicted to snapchat. Are you on it? I love seeing snippets of other people's days. I am no expert but still learning! My username is imkristenm (same as instagram). Let me know if you're on it too!

I hope you have a great Friday and an even better weekend. This first week went fast but felt long (if that makes any sense). Linking up with my favorite Five on Friday ladies! 

4 comments :

  1. 1. I am SO ordering that Naked pallette now. I've been looking for something like that! 2. I love love love pomegranate seeds! I've seen a couple videos lately circulating about how to get seeds out. I'm totally lazy and just buy the package of seeds from Trader Joe's so I don't have to worry about it. 3. LOVE that print above the bed! It's so serene! I've heard that you (the general "you") should remove all photos from the bedroom so it's more peaceful. It's really pretty! 4. Give me ALL the vests! You need a herringbone one! They go with everything! 5. Just added you! I'm also addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Ooo I want that Naked palette. I drool over the eye shadow ones everyone raves over but $$$... ugh. I've been buying the cups of POM pomegranate seeds from the grocery store so more power to you lady. hah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe it or not, I haven't tried any of the Naked palettes. Love the new art above the bed...and your throw pillows! No Snapchat for me yet, but the more I keep hearing it, the more I am convinced I might need it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to try that mascara. I still haven't found one I loved. I've heard you rip apart the pomegranate in a big bowl of water and the seeds either float or sink and the membranes do the opposite, so its easy to get them out? TJs also sells just the seeds. I love your artwork, it looks perfect with those pillows! I need to use snapchat more often - its so funny to get ones from friends, or replies with pictures of their faces and a one liner. But I feel like people aren't using it as much anymore..

    ReplyDelete