Friday, July 15, 2016

Five on Friday

Happy Friday! Who's ready to kick off the weekend? We are! Here's my Five on Friday for today:

1. Wouldn't it be amazing to wake up without a clue about the hate that exists in this world? Or even better what if it just didn't exist?  Thank goodness for the love in this world. 


2. We have a date night tonight!! It's our first time having a sitter come (in 9 years)!! My parents have babysat when they've been in town and once N's preschool teachers gifted us a night out as a thank you for my year volunteering as class mom, but this is the first time someone is coming and we're leaving and paying them to be here! I'm so excited. When my parents come I always feel like we should head back early to visit with them and with N's teachers, I felt totally guilty - they were doing it for free! One of my favorite preschool teachers is coming over and I made reservations for a restaurant we've never been to - Dogwood Southern Table. There are so many amazing restaurants near our new house, I really want to start getting out more!

2. Finding cute and cheap maternity clothes can be so hard, but I'm wearing this tonight (my new favorite shorts - shorts are impossible when you're short and pregnant)! The top is Old Navy and the shorts are Gap - both on major sale now. All my babies have been spring and summer babies so a winter baby means I need to adjust my maternity wardrobe just a bit.


3. Have you seen the new Livie and Luca fall collection?! I love their classic styles and have purchased quite a few for KC. This fall I am loving the new bunnies and bears too (sorry no picture of the bears, but just as cute)!! I just am not a fan or red or black. (Imagines from Polliwogs - my favorite children's store in Greensboro)



4. I cannot find my recipe book. I hate reading recipes off a device and I can't find my printer cord. This is a problem. But that said, we are in a recipe rut. Maybe part of it is I don't love my new kitchen (even though my yellow 1966 appliances work great), but maybe the other part is I want some great new recipes!! If you have any you love please tell me - I have a few go to bloggers (I'm looking you Katie :) ) and maybe should go through their archives. 

5. I just read Family Pictures by Jane Green. I think this is the first Jane Green book I've read. It's not totally my style, but it was fast and predictable. Now I'm looking for my next new book. Thinking of Into Thin Air or The Nightingale (although I couldn't stand Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah, but I've heard this one is much better).


I hope your week has gone well. Midsummer is sneaking by and we are already talking about new bookbags here. 

Linking up with the Five on Friday crew :)


2 comments :

  1. The Livie and Luca fall collection is SO cute! Snagging a few pieces for my little ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Well you obviously have us beat with your 9 years, but we just hired our first non family baby sitter for the kids this past weekend too! We got one of the girls from their daycare to sit for a few hours on Saturday night so we could meet some friends for an early birthday outing for a bit. It was nice knowing it was someone who was at least familiar with them!

    ReplyDelete