Friday, July 22, 2016

Five on Friday

This week has flown by! I can't believe it's Friday already again. We have cinnamon rolls in the oven and friends coming over to play (which means there will be a scramble to clean up before it's all destroyed again in five minutes). 

This weeks Five on Friday starts with following up from last week -

1. The boys did great with the sitter and KC slept the whole time! Chris and I had an amazing dinner out and loved the extra time together. T invited the sitter back Sunday at 5 because having her arrive at 7 didn't give them enough time to play. 


2. A friend of mine has a sitter come once a week so she can do older kid things with her older kids. This past week she mentioned there was a Junie B Jones play and we should go together and leave KC with her sitter. I was game. KC has never had a sitter (she was aware of) but she loves the boys (twins) I would leave her with and they have a super fun house. The only wild card was that KC had never met the sitter. Within five minutes of the sitter arriving, KC was in her lap letting her put on her shoes to play outside. It was a major win! The boys and I headed out to a play and chickfila with their friends and everyone had a great morning. Even as we were pulling out of the driving KC was yelling for more time with her buddies.



 3. My big guy turned 9 this week! 9!! It's slightly unreal. We spent the day doing what he wanted and will have a party in a couple weeks (a Gametruck party - something that wouldn't fit at the old house!).
Last picture with our 8 year old N!

Official 9 year old picture at 9:11am, the exact time we met 9 years ago!!



4. And in contrast to having a 9 year old, I'm now 20 weeks pregnant! Halfway there. Starting to feel some flutters here and there and savoring every one. It's so bittersweet to know this is the last time I'll get these sweet reminders of a baby growing in my belly.


5. I had to throw in some cute pictures of my sweet girl! She is loving having her brothers home this summer and definitely enjoying our pool, park, ice cream routine :)




I hope everyone had a great week and is looking forward to a fun weekend! We will be celebrating our 9 year old with family tomorrow and hopefully make more progress unpacking at the house!

3 comments :

  1. You look fab! Hope the new house is awesome. I hate packing, but love unpacking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet that you all took a pic at the exact time he was born! When I was growing up my mom would always tell my Happy Birthday at 10:26, the moment I was born. And now that I'm not living at home anymore, she texts me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sitter idea to do big kid things. It's hard right now, balancing toddler vs. infant, quality time. I can't only imagine in your house with the toddler girl vs. older boys!

    ReplyDelete