Thursday, July 28, 2016

Mom Confessions

Yesterday I went through the car wash for the first time ever. Chris LOVES washing our vehicles, but he doesn't have as much time as he used to, so after an oil change I ran it through. KC freaked and that's when I realized her window was down. I must have accidentally put both mine and hers down when I put in the ticket. Luckily the built in sun screen was up!! Total mom fail.

Monday I took the boys through the McDonalds drive thru. I can't remember the last time I've picked up McDonalds, but my dad picked it up for the boys at the beach and they've been begging for it since. I didn't realize a happy meal came with the main item, fries, another side, and a drink. When they asked what I wanted as a side, I said fries. When we arrived home I realized each kid got two containers of fries. Again, total fail.

I bribed the kids with cookies if they asked Chris to read bedtime stories last night. Usually they like for him to read anyway but the past couple nights they've asked me. Well I wanted to finish a book I was reading while they heard their stories so I told them if they had daddy read I'd make cookies the next day. It worked.

We moved the boys downstairs over the weekend. Monday they started basketball camp and by Tuesday no one could find any athletic shorts. I knew this was weird because I had just finished their laundry. After a few searches I found their clothes. Still in a duffle bag from our trip to Greensboro, a month ago!!! I also found a lot of other cute items they wear that I'd forgotten about - oh well. 

I had a few wins as a mom this week too. My friend and I scheduled oil changes together so the kids would have someone to play with, and my kids have eaten more vegetables this week than maybe all summer. So it's not all crazy here all the time, there's balance. 



1 comment :

  1. ohhh KC's window down during a carwash- bahahhaha! Too funny mama

    ReplyDelete