Thursday, May 11, 2017

Thoughts on Thursday

I cannot believe it's already May. And almost half way through it at that. Mother's Day is this weekend and I haven't purchased a present and we have absolutely no plans. We used to have brunch at the Morehead Inn and it was gorgeous and lovely. But recently we've gone more low key. Chris usually buys me a new dress as a present, but with nursing this year I don't think he'll go that route. When I was pregnant a few years ago I asked for a dogwood tree. I'd like that still, but we need to have a stump removed before we can put one (or three) in. Chris says he's ahead of the game this year and I'll be surprised (he loves to purchase a present the day before he needs it, or sometimes the day of).

(old pics from Mother's Day at the Morehead Inn)






Yesterday N had another midweek baseball game and we asked our sitter to stay with the other three. It was just as good as last week (but this week N's team won). We headed to our favorite french cafe after the game for treats and enjoyed the time just with N. I'd love to take advantage of having time with just him and then with just T more and hopefully as time and schedules allow we can do that. I think the most worrisome thing about parenting 4 kids is whether or not they are getting enough attention (other than worrying about their health and safety). It's easy to dismiss the older ones because their needs aren't as physical as the younger ones, so I hope we make an effort to keep them in the spotlight when we can.


For the past week I've been trying to get in a thirty minute workout sometime during the day. It makes me feel so much better, but it also makes me feel so out of shape. The college me is laughing at the 36 year old me right now. I like the Pop Sugar workout videos on youtube. I'm hoping to fit back into all my clothes in the next few weeks (thanks to nursing I think a little cardio is all I needed to start making changes).
No crunches, pushups or squats needed here, this baby is perfect :)

I love these shoes, but need a sale (livie and luca) (freshlypicked)



And KC has these shorts I'm obsessed with as well.



I'm starting to find it necessary to list out what I need to do during the day. Especially if it's something little. I get so distracted or something comes up to deal with that I start to feel like nothing will get done. Yesterday I walked upstairs to put deodorant on 4 times...finally got it the last time (which was right after I grabbed my keys to head out the door). I slowly feel as if I'm losing my mind - but I love it too. It is pretty great to be so needed and so busy (even if it's with diaper blowouts or a tantruming two year old who needs to be calmed). 

I hope you have a great Thursday!

I'm linking up with Annie, Natalie and Julie :)

No comments :

Post a Comment