Monday, May 22, 2017

Week in Review

I decided to change my usual "weekend review" to "week in review" because it's easier to capture our experiences this way.

With Chris recovering from surgery I'd love to say this was a low key week, but it was far from it. We started with N having a Monday night baseball game. Since my parents were still in town to help I left T and KC home with my mom and took Katherine and my dad to the game. Katherine was an angel baby and played on her mat and slept during the game. We were home by 9 and my parents headed back home.
Tuesday I left Chris to rest and work at home while I took the girls to music. Their last class is this week and it is making me so sad. We can't do classes over the summer since the boys are out of school. After music we always go to lunch with our buddies and then visit a bike shop to see Winston (the most adorable golden retriever). Tuesday is also piano and baseball practice day. Since Chris is coaching he needed to go, but promised to take it easy (I'm not sure he did).

We had the cleaners come on Wednesday, which I was going to reschedule so Chris could rest but he laughed at that suggestion. We headed to brunch at my favorite spot and then visited the ducks.

Thursday was a nice break with playing outside and Friday was back to baseball practice before games on Saturday.
The Saturday games could not have gone worse. It was awful to watch. After a full day at the field we were ready to relax and order pizza.

Since the boys played so poorly Chris took T to the field bright and early Sunday morning, while I took the rest of the crew to church. We stopped for coffee. Since we are regulars there during the week, another regular stopped to say hi. He saw N with us and said, "You have three kids?" It made me laugh and respond, "I actually have four." Since the boys are usually in school when we go I think I blew his mind. The kids were so good at church, but KC did not want to be dropped off for Sunday School. She didn't cry and she was excited when I picked her up, but man her face. Also I was so excited because their lesson ended up being Daniel and the Lions and I'd dressed her in a lion dress!

Last night both girls kept Chris and I up. I'm a tired mess right now. I noticed Katherine is getting a tooth (and I may have cried... I just don't want this baby to grow up) which may be why it was so hard to get to sleep.

This week we are working on potty training, attending our last music class (cue the tears), hoping baseball practice and tournament games get rained out, have our first set of EOGs (hence the hoping for rain to cancel baseball), and Chris has a quick trip out of town. Phew! I hope you're having a good start to the week.


No comments :

Post a Comment