Thursday, July 31, 2014

Thoughts for Thursday

Happy Thursday! Yesterday we ventured uptown to meet Chris for lunch. It went really well. I even found a coffee shop that makes a latte with almond milk! I've been dairy/soy free for almost a month now. It makes eating out impossible because of the use of soybean oil so I always call ahead. Luckily my favorite pizza place doesn't use either in their crust! If you want to see the difference it's made, here you go:
After three days of treating it with over the counter remedies

 one week being dairy and soy free

 two weeks dairy and soy free (there are some spots on her chest and arms, but this week they are clearing as well)

I keep wanting to clean out the house. Sometimes I laugh to think of ALL the baby stuff we had out when N was born, slowly we've used less and less and now I think the pack n play has been in the attic for six years straight. On top of all of that we have way too much stuff in general. And I'm itching to put away the maternity clothes (when my hands are free long enough). All the cute tight fitting tops aren't so cute once there isn't a tight baby belly under them, maybe there's something to the tent look. 

Tea has free shipping today on orders over $75. Code is JULYSHIP. I want to order. I also feel the need to order from the Nordstrom sale, but only because it's ending soon. What if I miss a great deal? Instead I'm sure browse the website over and over and spend way too much time and then order nothing because there's really nothing I want to order. Except maybe the Stila lip glosses. They are my favorite and I love to give them as gifts. I'll debate this until August 4th.

Chris found this for me at Barnes and Nobles. And I could totally use it except trying to decide the "decision importance" would need a pad in itself. I am the worst decision maker ever. This is not an understatement.

I'm linking up with Annie and Natalie for Thoughts for Thursday! I everyone has a great end of the week. The days are flying by. The saying really should be "the days are short and the years are short" - time is such an enemy with little ones!
Thoughts for Thursday

4 comments :

  1. Girl! That poor little nugget! Do they think she will outgrow it? I really don't understand allergies. Hooray for finding an alternative coffee shop. I feel like dairy or soy are in everything! What is your current fave thing to eat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a difference it has made on sweet baby girls skin! That's incredible and good for you for being so strict on yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Her skin looks amazing. That's such a life change to totally switch out the dairy and soy! Such a committed mama.

    Come by and say hi www.itsagirlgirlworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a big change for that sweet baby! Glad you figured it out - allergies can be hard to diagnose when they are that little! You had me laughing out loud about the decision booklet. I am so indecisive too! Have you seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=990ON0M-n4g And lastly (so many things to say!) I went to Nordstrom for the sale and everything is a crop top! I posted a joke on instagram about the sale only having half shirts - but it was the truth! I'm not sure you are missing too much!

    ReplyDelete