Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Year's Resolutions

Happy New Year! Whatever way you rang in the new year, I hope it helped get 2015 off to a great start! Our playdate was a success and Just Dance was a hit. Our friends brought sparklers to add to the fun. 

 N's shirt is part of the Hanna sale I mentioned (and it's even extra off now)!

I love setting goals and have been thinking about some goals for this new year. Here's what I've come up with so far:
  1. Have lunch with N every other week. N LOVES when I come for lunch and I know that won't last forever. I also love that his lunch schedule is while T is in school so I can get some time with him (and KC too).
  2. Floss daily. I set this goal back in 2012 and missed only 7 times the entire year. Since KC was born my bedtime hasn't been the same and there is very little routine.
  3. To go along with the flossing, wash my face nightly! I love my Clarisonic but I am sooo bad about using it.
  4. Read a book a month. I have a list I want to get to, including the Harry Potter series. 
  5. One fun activity a week for the kids, even if it's simple like riding bikes on the greenways.
  6. Beds made daily. All of us. Every day. 
  7. KC routine. This baby is throwing me for a loop. She was a great newborn sleeper and now at six months she's worse than any of my kids as newborns. I'm not a sleep training momma, but any advice not involving tears please send it my way!
  8. One new recipe every two weeks. We had a lot of fun this past year experimenting with new recipes. Even so as vegetarians we tend to get into ruts - time to resolve to change that!
  9. Host friends every other month. The boys get so excited when we have friends over and Chris and I usually have a blast too. It is just so much work to get our house ready - it's such a mess most of the time. Having friends over more regularly might help us keep it tidier and see our friends more often.



I'm a little nervous for Monday to come around. We will be back to school, work, and schedules. Miss KC has been waking from about 2 or 3am till around 5am EVERY NIGHT for the past week. Luckily Chris has been home and he has let me sleep in till 8:30 or 9, however all that ends Monday morning bright and early! HELP!




3 comments :

  1. Those sound like some good resolutions! Is N in a preschool type situation? Did both your boys do school before "school"? I'm considering starting Lily in the fall, but feel like I'm cheating her from our time together at home. Ya know? Just wondering your take from a been there done that mama ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. KC is growing into quite the beauty! I love these goals and especially need to work on flossing and washing my face nightly, too! I often will wear make up from the night before, just cleaning up my under-eyes with a Q-tip...#sobad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KC is so cute - and I love that outfit! No advice on sleeping - Miss O has never been great until about 8 months old. And I don't think it was anything I did. I love your resolutions. I wish I made some this year. For your recipes one, try this - you can sub a lot of things, you can't really mess it up if you change it around. http://www.seededatthetable.com/2012/04/17/southwestern-stuffed-sweet-potatoes/

    ReplyDelete