Friday, January 16, 2015

Five On Friday: Heart Day

Happy Friday!! This week has seemed so long and I'm ready for whatever the weekend might bring (including KC's 6 month pictures a month late). I'm excited to link up with my favorite five on Friday ladies to share five Valentine's Day ideas (it's less than a month away)! 

Valentine's Day has changed so much since we were dating. When we were dating, it was always a fancy dinner and gifts. Then Chris became an auditor. February is one of their busiest months - we never saw each other for Valentine's Day! The year I was pregnant with N, I had my big ultrasound scheduled for the 14th so Chris met me and we got to see N. Afterwards we took food back to the other auditors and had dinner together in the break room with all his coworkers (and passed around ultrasound pictures - it's still funny to think about). 

Now Valentine's Day is all about the kids. Our fancy dinners and sweet gifts are replaced by stickers, candy, and happy little smiles. So here's my five, starting with clothes for the special day!

1. Valentine's Day clothes - I don't always go super heartsy, but I've always loved a baby in something cutesy. 
Valentine's Day Kids



I love the boy's Gymboree tattoo mom shirts as well as the baby Janie and Jack elephant outfit (the elephant has a heart on his trunk). It's precious. Here's another picture of it:
I love the Crewcuts pom pom dress, with the tights and a sweet cardigan, it would be perfect for Valentine's day. And we have to have our Hanna themed pjs! Only the boys picked out these instead of the ones posted.

2. Crafts! We love crafts. This is my favorite from last year - and a full post here.

3. There will be heart shaped food, carrots, cheese, fruit. The carrots are so simply. Take a long carrot, cut a v into it and then slice it. Done!

4. I'm still thinking of Valentine's for this year (something Star Wars related most likely), but I loved the ones from last year. Here's a link with a how-to.

5. This will be KC's first Valentine's Day and I can't help but think of my two little guys and their first ones as well. 


It has been so cold and rainy here. I have to admit it is nice to have a holiday to look forward to (in addition to the constant hope for some snow). I hope you have a great weekend!! Thanks for reading!


6 comments :

  1. Awww such a fun post. Love all the colors and things to do to celebrate Valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the kids V-day wear as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Wild About You idea alternative to more candy! I might have to use something similar. I think we did bubbles last year. Loving that heart banner craft. Totally up Lily's alley, hoping we can fit it in. V-day isn't that big of a deal for us over here either. I love the sweet memory of passing your ultrasound pics around the office over a picnic dinner with coworkers...your husband's coworkers nonetheless. I mean who else can say they've had a Valentine's quite like it? Sounds like a romantic comedy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stared at your carrots wondering how long it took before reading your explanation. What a cool idea! So easy! KC looks so much like T as a baby! At least in that picture, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Valentine's Day clothes are probably much more fun with a little girl to dress! Love those wild about you valentines!

    ReplyDelete