Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Birthday Gift Guide: 4-5 Year Olds

Continuing with birthday on the brain, I thought I'd give my go to gifts for the 4-5 year old age range. N will be turning 6 on Friday, so he's just leaving this range - although I'm sure a lot of these gifts would still be great for him as well.

Here are my picks:
Spot It: I mentioned before that I LOVE giving activities and games for presents. This one is my current favorite. It's fast and fun and it's small so it can travel easily to restaurants or friend's houses without kids. There are many different versions, this is the one we have and the one we always give. There are also many different ways to play. 
Magna-Tiles: These are pricey but there are different size sets which affects the price. We play with these a lot. There are different versions and throughout the years we've added on by buying different sets. There are different types of tiles as well, we really like the opaque tiles because we play hide and seek with Playmobil people in them (one of my boys builds a cool building with different compartments and hides a Playmobil person in it, then my other boy has to try and find the person). 
Personalized Beach Towels: Since we're talking summer birthdays I had to include these. We've received and given the PBK's beach towels as gifts and they are definitely one of our favorites. The boys use them from baths as well (the mini is great for little guys, it actually still wraps around my almost 6 year old quite nicely - and then I don't have to worry about his tripping over the towel).

Zingo: This is such a fun and easy game (it's perfect for 3 year olds too). My boys love it and can play it without any adult help. It's like Bingo, but much more fun!


Pajamas: Hanna Andersson has the softest pajamas and the best designs. What little guy wouldn't want some Woody pjs (and they will last so much longer than the ones other places)? I'm not a huge fan of wearing characters but at bedtime I let the kids choose. They have a few princess options as well. Pairing these pjs with a DVD would be a perfect birthday gift - especially for a sleepover!









No comments :

Post a Comment