Friday, July 12, 2013

Birthday Gift Guide: 2-3 Year Olds

It seems like the majority of birthdays we celebrate are in the summer. And with N's coming up, I have birthdays on the brain. I have some go-to gifts for different ages and I thought I'd share them. For the most part, I really enjoy giving games, activities, or personalized items (that could be because my house is covered in toys and the though of another makes me cringe - but then again, that is what a house with kids is right - full of toys).

Here are some of my picks for the younger crowd:
Land of Nod Let's Go Fishing Game - I've been eyeing this game since before Christmas and it's constantly on backorder. I love the versality of this game; for young ones it's about motor skills and for older ones it helps build math skills. Not to mention how cute it is. 
Birthday Monsters by Sandra Boynton - This is definitely a classic birthday book gift from our family. We usually give it for a first birthday but I think it's great for a second as well.  
Animal Wraps from Pottery Barn Kids - These are crazy cute and something I love to give because I know they'll be used (and loved). These can also be personalized which is a huge plus. My boys love choosing what they will be after bath. I think the details on these are perfect (and to all my high school friends having kids, you may be receiving the unicorn - our school mascot - yes it's a unicorn - Go Uni's) 
Tangoes Jr - I realize this says 4+, but honestly a younger child would have no problems with this puzzle. I love that there are only a few pieces which are stored in the container, and it's magnetic so it perfect for traveling. There are add on sets as well. The pages are two sided, one side gives the shapes and where the go and the other has you guess where the shapes go (my 3 year old is still on the shape side, the guessing side is way too hard for him).

No comments :

Post a Comment