Thursday, July 25, 2013

Angry Bird Birthday

With the summer being full of birthdays, I've already mentioned I have birthday's on the brain. I've shared a few of my favorite gifts, but what about the parties. Each year we've done different things for birthday celebrations, this year it was an Angry Bird party with a few friends at our house. We kept it simple, some crafts, decorating cookies, a set of boxes with a slingshot to play the game, and of course cake. I have to admit something here though - I'm not a fan of birthday parties. They are just too overwhelming. I like simple and small (and yet still very thoughtful). 

I do love seeing all the creativity and detail put into parties. Pinterest is a great source of inspiration, but I've always loved the Anders Ruff girls (and they are local). I want to share an Angry Bird party from their site, done through Banner Events. Here's the link for the whole party, and here are a few of my favorite shots taken by A Fresh Take Photograph




My little guy's party wasn't quite like that, but here are a few shots:
Our Angry Birds set up
 Creating our own Angry Birds (not to be used in the sling shot - just for fun). This one is still in the creation process.
 Cookie decoration (this child took it very literal)
 Creating paper sets with stickers (N's favorite)
 I completely forgot the masks until the last minute!
Be sure to see all the themes on the Anders Ruff's website, and the parties! They are all so well planned and executed - and great inspiration.

No comments :

Post a Comment