Tuesday, July 9, 2013

After the 4th

I hope everyone had a great Fourth of July! We got in a lot of family time (multiple sides), a lot of pool time (should have used more sunscreen), and a lot of great food. We were worn out!
Hanna Andersson pajamas - our fav!

One thing we missed this year were fireworks and sparklers. It rained almost everyday, and very unpredictably. My big guy has a birthday coming up so I think I'll pull some sparklers out for his big day. 

It seems like as soon as the Fourth passes, the whole back to school season is upon us. This will be my first year with one in school (like real school - kindergarten!). I've been looking over backpacks (I'm thinking it will be a birthday present). In past I've used the LLBean bags and lunch boxes and they have held up wonderfully (three and four years), but for Christmas I purchased a Pottery Barn Kids lunch box for N and I love it even more. I'm thinking I'll try out their book bags for him as well. He loves red right now so this is the one I'm ordering:
I'm just putting his initials on it for safety reasons and while I'd love to add the baseball patch, I think I'll keep it simple. I'm excited to see if I love it as much as their lunch boxes. 

I'm sure there will be more back to school posts, but for some reason it seems like book bags sell out quickly! 

No comments :

Post a Comment