Monday, September 8, 2014

It's Monday, again.

Monday comes so soon! I'm sure we will settle into a routine soon, but right now the days fly by (with a couple nights that drag on because little miss refuses to sleep occasionally). 

First, I have to share something that has made our life crazy easy - ordering groceries online and then picking them up. 
It's free your first time, so try it. A friend mentioned it when we had N, but I never tried it. Then my friend with twins mentioned it last month and I decided to try. It saves so much time. Once you've ordered once, it saves your purchases (and any you've used through your VIC card instore) which saves even more time the next time you order. Last week, I put in a order Monday night and picked it up after preschool drop off Tuesday morning. Chris likes to point out that at that point I only had one kid with me, but she was asleep. I also realized I can shop while drinking coffee and browsing pinterest (and save the $5 Starbucks I would have in store). I could go on and on. The last thing I'll say is the way they bag your items, it makes putting away the groceries so simple. Everything is already divided out. 

N had his first coach pitch baseball game this weekend. It was crazy hot. I wanted to leave so badly but the game was actually pretty awesome. We were down the first 3 innings, tied the next 2, and then up 1 for the last four. N even had a single! He was so nervous with outs being called, but he did great (and no tears when he struck out the first time). 
 The sky was crazy pretty all weekend.

I'm thinking I haven't shared pictures from T's first day. He loved school even if he was hesitant about returning. 


I shared this on instagram so sorry for the repeat but horse is T's lovie. He picked it himself at like 5 months old and I never thought he'd love on it as much as he does. We have a video of telling the boys we are expecting and T's only concern is that the baby will take horse. Ever since KC joined us, T has been the first to share horse at any sign of a cry. He even brings horse in the van "just in case." KC fell asleep coming home from breakfast and this is what she looked like: 

I also have to share these two pics of my little snuggler! She is getting big (my biggest baby yet)!

And lastly in this random post line up. Have you noticed the crazy socks the boys are wearing these days? Maybe it's just a weird thing here but basketball socks are all the rage - the louder the better. N just asked for a pair (and made a comment of how it makes your legs look like they are that color). Chris found some when looking for baseball socks and really liked them. He looked them up at home and we noticed something -

This blue is University blue (wonder why?) :). I think he needs a pair. If you are a UNC fan, the stripe out on Saturday looked awesome (almost as awesome as the game ending).

Okay this was a super long post - sorry! The best part is KC likes to sleep in my lap with her head resting on my arm while I type. It works like a charm every time she's tired. Have a great Monday!

2 comments :

  1. My nephews were at the game. The stripe looked good! She is such a dollie. I have yet to try expresslane, but I totally should. I bet I would save money from those rando purchases I seem to come home with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristen! I found your blog from the Homes of Malones linkup, and wanted to say hi. I'm Annie - the friend of Annie from Home of Malones who is starting the superhero toy company. I just wanted to encourage you to check out our Kickstarter campaign page: http://bit.ly/HeroMeKickstarter. We are working to build support and make HeroMe a reality. Also, I love reading your blog. My husband and I went to grad school at UNC in Chapel Hill, and your pictures make me think you are somewhere near the triangle. It makes me feel like I'm back and I love it! Anyway, just wanted to say hi, and I hope you'll check out our campaign! xo, Annie

    ReplyDelete