Friday, September 26, 2014

Friday Finds: Inexpensive Art

I've been meaning to put art up in the boys' room as well as KC's room and just haven't gotten around to it (nor can I make a decision). We were at PaperSource last weekend and inspiration struck again with this piece of wrapping paper - yes wrapping paper.
N is obsessed with maps. I have one map from his great grandfather ready to frame from his days in the Navy and I think this would be a nice balance as well. I have a SkyGuide on my phone and anytime we are out after dark N wants to look at the stars. I have to admit I love the stars as well and worked at an observatory in college. 
I also have Dean Smith's autograph framed for his wall and a few pictures. I would also love a verse or quote such as this one from Emily's blog -
 This is our final song in church each Sunday and would be a nice reminder throughout the week. 

I'm not sure what to do on T's side. I'm thinking of keeping it simple (no frames, just canvas) with images like the picture below:

For KC's room, I'd like to do a gallery wall around her mirror. I've found a few prints off Etsy that I would work in with photos and a little art her brothers have created.
From Etsy I found this print I'd love to have:
KC has the biggest smile and it looks like she's about to take a big bite out of something, so I call it her "I'll eat you up" smile. This print would be such a happy reminder.

I'd also love a flamingo because I've been obsessed since seeing a baby one at the zoo a few years ago:

And a ballet print that I haven't tracked down yet. For her room I'm thinking of off white and gold frames, but I'm not sold on that quite yet. 

PaperSource also has this one of Florence, which I'd love to frame for Chris and I as it was where we honeymooned:
What are some of your favorite ways to dress up walls inexpensively? I've painted a few canvases and I think it's time to start framing some things! 

3 comments :

  1. Awesome ideas! I love all of the pictures, can't wait to see the way it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an old Norman Rockwell book and an Audubon book that I tear the pages out of! I might have a flamingo AND a ballet picture I could let you have!!! I'll dig them up this week! or at least I could color copy for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these ideas!! I think you should do all of them - haha! My favorite money saving idea is to get dollar store frames, goodwill frames, or some cheap ones from target - and spray painting them the same color or color theme. Frames can be so expensive!

    ReplyDelete